1 week out - Coughing after "meals" Acid reflux?

GeeSheryl
on 8/14/14 7:40 am - las Vegas, NV
VSG on 08/07/14

My VSG was 8/7/14.  No real pain, zero nausea, but my breathing has consistently remained at short breaths despite plenty of walking and working with the inspirator(?) (Breathing apparatus with little blue ball....)  When ever I consume any cold clear liquids, I have a tickle in my throat that results into lots of coughing.  I don't notice too much coughing if I drink hot broth.

The surgeon said that he also repaired a hole that "he could drive a car through" in my diaphragm.  I saw my primary on Monday, 8/11 and she was concerned about my breathing and said to walk more.  I saw my surgeon on Tuesday and he said to walk more.   Egads!  I am walking at least 2 hours a day.

Anyone else have a cough, that is troublesome enough to complain?  BTW - prior to surgery, coughing was my only indicator that I had acid reflux.  Could that be the culprit.

Thanks for any shares or insights.

GeeSheryl 59yrs old 5'5" SD 8/7/14  HW 242 SW 232 CW 218 (9/9/14)  M1:-14

LucyWong
on 8/14/14 10:36 am - Calgary, Canada
VSG on 10/01/14 with

Hi GeeSheryl,

I had persistent cough too, my doctor even had me on Advir and  rescue inhaler the cough was so bad apon exertion.

I started using a cold vaporizer inhaler ( twice a day at first) in May 2014 and today I'm free of the Advir and I can sleep with my pillow at a much lower incline. Try it, it might work for you too.

PS I got the idea from my grand daughter's (5) pediatrition. She had a persistent cough after a bad bought of broncitis, it was preventing her from playing at recess it was so bad. That cough disappeared in days after getting her on the vaporizer.

good luck

Sincerely, Lucy

Most Active