There are times when loving someone means we must let them go

MayPenGirl
on 8/22/14 2:13 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

You have to love enough to let go.

There are times when loving someone means we must let them go. It is not healthy or productive to remain in a relationship that makes us happy sometimes, sad most of the time. Yet we hang on. We hang on believing that something bad will happen to the person if we let him or her go. That is our ego telling us what we want to hear. We hang on in fear that no one else will love them or us the way we want to be loved. This time the ego is telling us that we are not good enough. We hang on because we don’t know who or what may come along. We believe there is a lack of available mates. We hang on wishing, hoping, trying to make it work -- afraid it will not. When a relationship is over, it is over; but the love can live on. Loving someone means you want him or her to be happy. If that person can be happy without you, love enough to let go.

I know when to let go. – Iyanla Vanzant

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

GoBlueGirl1998
on 8/22/14 2:16 am - MI

I needed to see and hear this today! :) Thank you for posting and the reminder!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views