Jim Valentine Boise ID?

H8TheW8 K8
on 8/22/14 2:16 am

Has anyone used this surgeon? I am having a hard time finding his stats on vsg complications. Any Idahoans out there?

Justme7
on 8/22/14 3:18 am, edited 8/22/14 4:18 am - ID

Yep, I live in Boise and Valentine was my Doc. I had surgery August 6th. You don't have many choices in Boise. It is either Valentine or DR. Korn due to Oakley retiring.  They do have two new doctors, but my understanding is they are still in training along side the other docs to do bariatrics procedures.  I had no issues with Valentine and thought he was great.  Go to my profile and send me a message if you want to chat.  As far as statistics Doc Valentine goes over his complication statistics at his seminar. He has had VERY few patients with leaks.  

Justme7

Dizzybell
on 8/22/14 5:01 am
VSG on 05/05/14

He was my surgeon and I had no trouble. His PA is fantastic. I would go to the free seminars put on by he and Dr. Korn and they go over risks and complication rates. Like the above poster states, his leak rate is very low, I think 0.5%? Good luck!

--Keri--

HW: 275 SW:272 CW: 165.3

H8TheW8 K8
on 8/22/14 2:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback :)

min2758
on 8/23/14 1:47 pm, edited 8/23/14 1:48 pm - Boise, ID

I am in Boise too and met with Dr. Korn.  I would have been happy to go with him but I couldn't afford the surgery costs at St Luke.  I was paying out of pocket, so I ended up going with RMAP in Salt Lake City.  I would do that again in a heartbeat.  Loved the doctors, the follow up care and support program, stayed in a hotel for a few nights post op (excellent hotel that I'd stayed at prior) that even included breakfast and dinner for my family, I was very happy.  Basically the costs for me as cash patient was wayyy too high with the hospital here.  The surgeon's fees were less but the hospital's was SO much higher.  About $14,000 higher!  Even if insurance had been paying, they would have only covered 80% and that makes a difference.  I would at least consider looking at RMAP even if you're not interested in traveling.  They are a Center of Excellence and all 3 surgeons have years of experience, more than any that I could find in Idaho.

Plus the mountains in Salt Lake are GORGEOUS!  Was nice to walk the halls of the hospital and see those amazing Rockies.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views