Lets DO THIS!

geela
on 8/31/14 10:48 pm, edited 8/31/14 10:49 pm - Mooresville, NC

Good luck to you!  I'm on day 16 of my liquid diet and so far I've only had one bad day (day 4), but didn't cheat :)  My surgery is on 9/15, so only 14 more days of my liquid diet.  I feel like I am the only person that has to do a 4 week liquid diet.  Anyways, I'm only drinking Optifast shakes (5 a day) & Water; I'm choosing not to add in the sugar free jello or popsicles, so it's a total of 800 calories per day. Although it was a mental challenge the day before I started liquids (totally had a meltdown because i thought i was never going to have food again..lol) I'm really enjoying it now because i feel like it's totally preparing me even more for after surgery.

Again, good luck with your liquid diet and surgery!

zoomom07
on 9/1/14 12:03 am

Three days to go! My date is Thurs. 9/4. Bag packed, freezer stocked for the family, and I am READY. Totaly sick of the liqiud diet, though I am allowed some veggies which has helped. Good luck to us all!

kagrady2005
on 9/2/14 1:21 am
VSG on 09/10/14

I'm getting sleeved on September 10th! I only have to do a 1 day progression to liquids - please don't hate me for that! I was shocked!

I'm so excited I simply can't stand myself! (Bless my husband's heart, I've been doing a countdown with my 7 year old!) My son actually was concerned that I'd eventually fit into his clothes and take them all! (I've teased him before that I wished they made his superhero shirts in mommy's size.) He actually went through and pulled out his favorite spoons of sissy's (my almost 2 year old) and said I had to use them because he liked them the most so they are the lucky spoons...he also picked out a john deere sippy that used to be his so "Mommy can sip her water easier".

butterfly150
on 9/2/14 4:06 am
VSG on 09/16/14

Hello! I also started my preop diet today and surgery is scheduled for 9/16 @ 9am. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.  So excited for the both of us.

Lisha714
on 9/2/14 4:12 am

I am having RNY on September 16th @ 8 am. I am really apprehensive about sticking to the liquid diet. I am soo hungry. How is everyone else coping with that?

Sanj313
on 9/2/14 4:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
VSG on 09/04/14

Hello! I am getting sleeved on September 4th. I am a little nervous, but ready to go! This liquid diet was NOT fun! I'm going to pack my bag tonight & get some last minute food for the family. I have been so busy making sure I'll have all my proper foods & drinks for after the hospital that I neglected to get much of anything else in the house! Good Luck to all of my September surgery buddies!!

Sandra

angel22_99
on 9/2/14 7:46 pm

Not gonna lie, my enthusiasm has definitely decreased a notch or two! ;)  Day two  was rough and day three is starting out with a splitting headache and nausea.  I am confident, however, that this will not kill me and thus make me stronger.  

cpcampbell
on 9/2/14 8:47 pm

Congrats! The best is yet to come!  Yesterday was my 6th year anniversary and I'm dong well.  Still under goal (17 poounds) and doing what I'm suppose to do :-) 

It is one of the best decisions I've ever made!

Cpcampbell

RNY - Sept 2, 2008

cpcampbell
on 9/2/14 8:49 pm

Congrats! The best is yet to come!  Yesterday was my 6th year anniversary and I'm dong well.  Still under goal (17 pounds) and doing what I'm suppose to do :-) 

It is one of the best decisions I've ever made!

Cpcampbell

RNY - Sept 2, 2008

honorable3161
on 9/2/14 9:37 pm - Stone Mountain, GA
VSG on 09/08/14

Monday is my big day Woo Hoo

VSG 09/08/2014  God brought to it he will bring you through it!!!! Heaven Bound 

Most Active