Pre-op VERY overwhelming at five weeks from surgery date

alib1976
on 9/4/14 1:15 am
VSG on 10/16/14

I apologize if this comes across as a rant. 

I had my endoscopy done last Wednesday and they found five Ulcers.  So, I had to stop my naproxen, for my osteoarthritis.  Ok, no problem, I can manage that.  Got an email from the surgeon, they are adding another med to help combat the ulcers...in addition to no OJ, no chocolate, no soda, no Snapple tea, no tomatoes, etc.  I get that it has to be done as they cant operate while ulcers are present.  So another endoscopy is set for 10/8, one week before my sleeve procedure on the 16th. 

I have my sleep study on the 15th of this month to get my cpap setting.

It just feels like I am seeing doctors every day right now.  

All I wanted was the pre-op stuff to go smoothly and it seems like every test brings a new set of issues. 

How are you all managing?

Nicki08
on 9/4/14 2:24 am
VSG on 09/15/14

i understand how you are feeling, i am scheduled for surgery on the 15th and im trying to fight off a Uti while trying to get these protein shakes down...im just hoping that having some setbacks before will mean smooth sailing for surgery and after...

alib1976
on 9/4/14 2:59 am
VSG on 10/16/14

That's exactly my thinking, it has to get better right?  I suppose the positive is that with the ulcers, I will be getting used to drinking a ton of water... and losing some of the foods what will be eliminated after surgery, the soda, the chocolate...

Benja2010
on 9/4/14 2:34 am

I know how you felt. They also found ulcers during my upper endoscopy and I had to have a repeat. Having one done was costly, having two done, I'll end up with almost $1000 just for those procedures.

Time seems to go very slowly while you are waiting but truly, before you know it, your surgery day will be here.

HW 381 SW 353 CW 349

alib1976
on 9/4/14 3:02 am
VSG on 10/16/14

Ouch.  I am hoping that the medication works and the second scope will be clear, I don't want to have my surgery delayed. 

I hope time goes faster, right now I want it to be the 16th.   I wanted the final 8 weeks to be smooth and so far they are anything but.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views