One week to go before plastic surgery!

Nikke2003
on 9/17/14 10:16 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

In exactly one week, I will be in surgery with Dr. Joseph Capella... having a lower body lift, arm lift, and breast lift. The emotions running through me are crazy. The strongest emotion I'm feeling is excitement. I can't wait to wake up in the morning and NOT spend at least 5-7 minutes pulling my skin around, imagining what I would look like without all of it there. Dr. Capella estimates that he'll be removing approximately 10 lbs of skin, fat, and tissue. Honestly, I could care less about what the scale says in response to having this stuff removed... I just want to like the way I look and feel.

I'm also feeling a bit of stress. There is a lot to do at work before I'm out for 3-4 weeks and I'm also afraid something will happen and the surgery will be cancelled or delayed. I had similar feelings when I was waiting to be sleeved, so hopefully these fears are just irrational and everything goes smoothly. The stress has been taking a toll on my eating though, and I'm not happy that the scale said 204.6 lbs this morning. Now, 3 days ago it was 199.8 where it had been for a little while, so I know I didn't gain almost 5 lbs of real weight in that time; however, I need to get a grip - most of that weight I'm sure is real and I was already at the top of the range I was maintaining in (195-200). It worries me that I have been having a hard time staying on track lately. I don't like it and I know I need to get a hold of myself. I have a lot of concerns about being inactive after plastic surgery - and I'm concerned the medication, fatigue, and being in pain will affect my food choices negatively. The goal is to buckle down this next week and get myself back under 200 lbs before surgery. If a couple of these pounds are jus****er weight, then hopefully it shouldn't be an impossible task. But, I have to prepare myself for the fact that it might not happen and just do my best.

To help with this, I made sure I went to bed a bit early last night. Nothing gets me off track more than stress and lack of sleep - and that's the state I've been in the past couple of weeks. This morning, I took the time to pack all of my meals/snacks for the day. I wasn't planning on going to the gym, but I got my clothes together and will go after work. Finally, I had planned to NOT take vacation this afternoon to stay at work; however, a lot of my stress comes from being behind on many things - work, freelance work, school work, and house work. I've got a lot of things caught up at my full-time job... so taking an afternoon off and being productive with it could be very helpful in eliminating the stress. Eliminating the stress will help with getting back on track, I know this about myself.

I can't believe plastic surgery is almost here. I haven't wanted something to happen so much since the VSG surgery and I'm just hoping everything goes well...

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Mrs_Desire _
on 9/17/14 10:44 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

Good Luck on the next phase in this journey. I am terrified of the plastic surgery part myself.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Nikke2003
on 9/18/14 7:32 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Thank you! The terrified feeling has not set in yet... but I'm sure it will just before surgery next week. I can't believe it's finally happening!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Ihearttennis
on 9/17/14 11:10 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

I hope to have my surgery in December, just need to find the right doctor.  I'm following your posts and just wanted to share the latest price I was quoted to have the same surgeries...$35,331. He also said he would have to do a vertical cut because I don't have any elasticity left in my skin.  I know you are much younger than I am, but did they tell you what type of cut he will make?

I know you are stressed with all that you have going on but it will be so worth it. You've got this!!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Nikke2003
on 9/18/14 7:33 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

That is costly! I know that Dr. Capella has really great rates... but that is quite a difference. Where do you live? Maybe it's worth traveling elsewhere for a better price?

Neither surgeon I consulted with felt that I needed a vertical incision, it didn't even come up. Both actually said they didn't think I needed any muscle tightening either - they were both surprised during the exam that there hadn't been really any separation in my muscles I guess?

Thanks for hte support! Update us on your plastics!

LosingSarah
on 9/17/14 11:28 pm - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Congrats on being so close, Nikke!!  I can't imagine the emotions you are feeling. You are totally aware of your bad choices, and taking steps (packing lunches, working out on a rest day, taking care of work stuff, which is triggering stress,etc). 

Now and after surgery just keep reminding yourself how far you've come. You know how miserable you were in your body and you know that you can make the right choices post op! The pain you'll experience will be so worth how awesome you'll feel about your new body!

Good luck, and while I rarely find myself on OH anymore I'll keep an eye out for an update from you when I do sneak in for a peek! 

Nikke2003
on 9/20/14 8:25 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I'm really hoping I find the pain to be worth it - I have a feeling I will for sure!

I've been back on track and doing ok.. just counting down the days until surgery... can't wait! Thanks for the support! I will definitely keep everyone updated!

Stacy_WLS
on 9/17/14 11:32 pm

That is so exciting.  I can completely understand the stress of it.  I am about 7 weeks out and my stress / anxiety / excitement about it is crazy, so I can only imagine being just 1 week away.  

I too am terrified of having to be inactive afterwards.  I don't think the exercise exactly causes me to maintain my weight, but the time in the gym definitely keeps my head away from thoughts of food.  I have been thinking about getting back into gaming during recovery.  I need something to occupy my mind (other than sugar / exercise).  Do you have any old time sucking hobbies you can bring back for recovery?

I'm excited to hear about your time post surgery, so I can prep for some of the same stuff.  

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Nikke2003
on 9/18/14 5:55 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I feel you! I'm so excited for you to be doing the same thing in a 7 weeks! I have had this scheduled for MONTHS and the time seems to fly by one minute, and then take excruciatingly long the next. I can't decide if the next week will fly by or if it'll be torture haha.

I don't have any old time sucking hobbies unfortunately. Honestly... I spend most of my free time doing freelance work... which has almost been my only hobby for the past 3 years LOL. I told the company I do all the work for that I won't be available for a month... so I don't really know WHAT I'm going to do all of this time. Being inactive scares me too!!

LOVE your new picture!!

Gwen M.
on 9/18/14 6:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Read all the books you've always wanted to but never had the time for!  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views