omg! i've never wanted time to pass quicker...

Nicki08
on 9/20/14 7:50 am
VSG on 09/15/14

had surgery on Monday and I feel awful..surgery couldnt have gone better, i've kept all my liquids down,..having a hard time getting in my protein and water....just want to feel normal again...so tired and such pain on my left side, i could scream everytime i get up and down...but if i take the pain meds im so tired and its even harder to drink...ugh...I want to aay that this is the best thing ive ever done...but im just not feeling it yet....

zerofat007
on 9/20/14 8:11 am

For me walking help a lot today i did a 45 min walk came home took the protein over 30 min to get it down. But it seem the more you walk the better you feel.

Nicki08
on 9/20/14 8:53 am
VSG on 09/15/14

45 minutes? wow, i hardly get down the hall withoutneeding to sit...havent gotten dressed since i've been home.. :(

jmsbent_07
on 9/20/14 8:20 am

I just had surgery on Thursday and I am having the same feelings.  I am having a hard time getting in protein, much less water too.   I wish we could fast forward a few weeks!!

jenn1469
on 9/20/14 8:21 am

It will get a lot better as days go by just walk it helps a lot

Jennifer

VSG-n-me
on 9/20/14 8:27 am

Hi Nicki08 - Had my surgery Thurs. 9 /11/14 and it went great but I was in hospital for 4 days post-op for pain control. Do you have a drain in? Mine caused me a lot of pain until they removed it the day I went home. Also I have fibromyalgia so I know I have a low pain tolerance. I was miserable getting up and down for about 5-6 days.I can't even imagine it without pain meds. You should start feeling better soon but I would try to take something for pain to keep you moving. Hang in there...prayers coming your way.

Nicki08
on 9/20/14 8:55 am
VSG on 09/15/14

no drain..nurse says its where they dud the most work...and to ice it...

mickeymantle
on 9/20/14 8:28 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

try a hot towel over the painful area, it might still be gas , call you surgeon if it keeps hurting

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

claricey
on 9/20/14 9:24 am

I promise it will get better!  I had terrible pain from the biggest incision on the left (where my lap band was taken out). It lasted about 2 1/2 weeks. The pain meds helped and you know it's ok to rest!!  Getting some walking in helped keep my mind off of the pain so get some in where you can. Also if the pain meds aren't working to your liking try asking your doc for something different. 

Good of luck and hang in there!!

g

angel22_99
on 9/20/14 10:16 am
VSG with

I know exactly how you feel as my surgery was on Tuesday.  Today was a little better as I did not take any naps today...every other day post surgery I slept about 40 minutes each hour and today I managed to empty the dishwasher!  I'm still super weak and dizzy at times.  And liquids, what liquids?  I noticed my urine turning dark today so I wouldn't let myself put down my glass of Crystal Lite this afternoon (I can't drink water), just sip sip sip.  For dinner I managed to get down a whole cup of broth, whoo hoo!  I will try to start pushing the protein again tomorrow, yesterday I threw up the small bit of protein shake I drank and that really hurt, so I'm a little hesitant.  

I ended up forcing myself to take a pain pill today because of my left side pain.  I also had an allergic reaction to either the glue used for the incisions or the steri strips, so my incisions are all red, itchy, and clear oozy, but today was just straight up pain.   It's hard for me to get up and down from sitting, so when I get up, I try to multi-task and include a trip to the bathroom.  Hard-core walking is just not in the cards for me yet, I am very envious of the people that can (I also have MS and that may play into some of my current symptoms).  I think it's best to listen to your body and do what you feel that you can do (try not to push yourself until you are at least two weeks out to let yourself heal).  I bet one month from now we will have both already forgotten how hard this stage was!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views