Work events

hilaryhk
on 9/26/14 6:22 am
VSG on 08/13/14

So, I work in an office environment where sometimes we have group events, that I end up planning. In just this week alone, we've had 3 events that required catering, and one potluck event. Before surgery, one of my biggest trigger foods was pizza. But, in the small town in which I work, that is really the only option for food that can be delivered. So, for 2 of the catered events, I ordered pizza. Being only 6 weeks out from surgery, I don't really have the option of eating it. But, it was so hard to sit in the same room, smelling the aroma of hot pizza and watching others eat. While I sat there eating my hard boiled egg. So far, it hasn't really bothered me, eating with others. But, today, after several days of being in this situation, it just started to drive me crazy. Just needed to vent.

Also, when I went into my surgeon's office for my one month check up, they were having pizza delivered for the office staff. I thought "Really? in a bariatric surgery center?" But, hey, they aren't the ones with compulsive eating issues, like me.

VSG on 8/13/14: Height: 5'2"  HW: 250  SW: 213.8 CW: 187.5

Ihearttennis
on 9/26/14 6:49 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

That's tough, but you got through it. Congrats! This journey certainly isn't easy but it is so worth it. Make sure you are always prepared with foods you can eat, like with the hard boiled egg.  I also used Quest bars for situations like that so I felt like I was having a treat. (Quest bars are high in protein but high in carbs too) 

Keep your eye on the prize and don't cave in.  Once you give in a little it's hard to go back. You've got this!!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

angel720
on 9/26/14 8:34 am
VSG on 08/06/14

I agree with the above recommendation, being prepared is what has gotten me through situation like yours. Always have something to eat with you.  Some days are easier to handle than others there are some days that I crave "forbidden" foods more than others but I tough it out.  I sit for a while, go to the restroom, get up for more water,  anything to keep me from staring at them drooling LOL  and very soon it is over, people eat very fast so in 1/2 it is over and I am past it. They feel like small victories to me and I  am sure it will get easier the more I do it. 

VSG with  Dr R. Wilhelmy @ Mexicali Bariatric Center

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/26/14 9:17 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Do you have a Subway in your town?  They have a catering menu that we often use and they deliver to us.  Panera will deliver too if the order is of a certain dollar amount.

I'm also the party planner for my company.  We're having a BBQ in two weeks with top sirloin steaks, baked potatoes, corn, beans, salad and cupcakes     I picked flavors of cupcakes that I wouldn't like just so I wouldn't be tempted.  Then again, is there any cupcake that wouldn't be tempting?  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views