"White knuckling it" - total carb detox

brandiga03
on 10/2/14 1:04 am - powder springs, GA

I am also horribleeeee about eating during the night...all night! so I didn't do that either last night.

brandiga03
on 10/2/14 1:03 am - powder springs, GA

I am going thru this as we speak.  Unlike you, I did gain.....30 lbs worth of gain.  I am back up to 272 (highest weight being 362). lowest weight was 242. im 14mths post op. I brought a TON of food with me to work to help me get thru it. 2 protein shakes, 3 yogurts, some cinnamon apples cooked down with splenda, turkey slices, string cheese....etc.  im not worried about calories for the next few days...just trying to carb/sugar detox.....and it SUCKS!  To top it all off, I am dealing with bulimia.  I got to my lowest weight by "acting out" with the bulimia and started the regain since I have since stopped purging.

Amber G.
on 10/2/14 1:24 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Hey brandiga! I am sorry about the gain :( I know that has to be hard to deal with. The bulimia issue is definitely something to try and work out and get a handle on 1st. I would not want to see you have serious issues with your new tummy with the purging. Have you tried going to a therapist for it? I have not done any therapy or group meetings since I started this journey, but wish I had. I think with these little snags in the road, it would have helped a lot! But I know you can do this, and taking the 1st steps to realizing and admitting there is an issue is huge! You got this lady 

brandiga03
on 10/2/14 2:07 am - powder springs, GA

Thanks girl! I wasa in a treatment center for a few days and did eating disorder anon.  since then I have not gotten help, just done it on my own.  But I am scheduling an apt with my surgeon to follow up and im also on a ****tail of meds to help with the anxiety and depression.  (I am also a completely single mom to a 3 year old boy and it has been rough for both of us) Mostly because of me doubting my ability as a good mom since I have had to take so much time for myself to get well.

Amber G.
on 10/2/14 2:13 am
VSG on 04/02/14

That is awesome, and its a great idea to get some help with this :) Everybody needs help sometimes, so do not beat your self up  Yes, being a single mom is rough! But in the end, getting the help for your self now, is going to make the future for you and your lil one much better! There are a lot of parents out there who are not taking any steps to helping them selves. so you are on the right track! You got this!! 

56sunShine14
on 10/2/14 2:14 am

GOOD for you Amber!  If you can keep one thing in mind in your search for daycare...it is better to have No daycare than to choose BAD daycare.  You will find one.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Amber G.
on 10/2/14 2:19 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Hey 56sunShine! Thank you, I am diggin my heels in :) Yes, totally agree with you! That is why he is still home with me. I want it to be a good choice! I am one of those super paranoid parents lol! 

cappy11448
on 10/2/14 2:28 am

I'm so glad to hear you recognized the problem quickly and you are doing what it takes to get back on track.  Good for you!  Its amazing how powerful those carb cravings can be.  Keep up the good work!

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Amber G.
on 10/2/14 2:36 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Thanks Carol! Oh yes, the carb monster is a real beast! But there is no way, with having major surgery and being so close to my goal - that I am going to let this take control! I know now for a fact, it was those little bits of carbs I was allowing in, that was slowing me down. Since going back to the basics, I have lost 4 lbs in the last 3 days. Total boost of confidence! 

tdallison
on 10/2/14 4:08 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Great Job!  Carbs scare me to death.  They are evil!!

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Most Active