Hit the 3 week stall

snoopygirl1968
on 10/1/14 7:05 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

Well, yesterday was 3 weeks since surgery, and I've stalled.  I knew it would come, I've read so many posts about it, but I'm still frustrated.  The scale hasn't moved in 5 days.  WTF.  I know I'm not doing anything wrong, but at the same time, I keep wondering if I am doing something wrong.  

How did everyone get through this?  How long did it last?

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

luvmypuggies
on 10/1/14 7:30 am

Your body has been through some pretty tremendous changes in the past few weeks, so think of it as "taking a breather" or readjustment period.  Try to relax and realize that it is totally normal and expected, so don't let it increase anxiety (which might make you want to eat more).  Trust the process and stick with your plan, focusing on protein and water, protein and water.  This will likely be the first of many temporary pauses in the weight loss journey (I'm in one right now too - 9 months out) but they get easier to deal with because you'll learn your body's losing patterns.  Hang tough - you're doing fine! :)

RPH
on 10/1/14 9:31 am
VSG on 09/03/14

My surgery was 9/3 and I'm at a stall.  Although I don't weigh myself daily, as of Monday the scale didn't move from the previous Monday.  Fingers crossed that this coming Monday it will tick down.  I've had some missteps since I started the non-purreed food stage.  I've also taken comfort in reading the posts of others about the 3 week stall.  Good luck.  We'll get through this.

-RPH

monly01
on 10/13/14 7:54 am

I had my VSG on 9/3 also. I lost 18lbs before surgery and have lost about 36lbs since then. A high of 304 to current 250. I hit my first stall last week. I didn't lose for 7 days. I got on the scale this morning and had lost 2 lbs. Just give it time.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views