7 DAYS REMAINING

alib1976
on 10/9/14 3:10 am
VSG on 10/16/14

Well, this time next week I will be sleeved.

It's amazing the amount of prep that goes into this journey, mentally, physically, and emotionally.

I have learned a lot about myself and what drives me to get to this point.  There were several unexpected turns on the journey, from sleep apnea (milk thankfully, so I can loose the machine), to 5 ulcers, and then lastly a genetic and non-life threatening issue with my heart--the lower chambers get a slower flow of electricity, that goes away when exercising---according to the stress test..  Every speed bump was met with tears and why me?  How did I allow myself to be this way my entire 37 years?  The constant battle with the scale, lose 10, gain 15.  Failed diets.  Failed medically supervised diets, etc.  finding out that your employer doesn't cover WLS, citing a high failure rate--don't agree with the numbers that they showed.

My mom, is my biggest supporter, coming up with a way to finance this procedure, to get me healthier and enjoying life again.  the members of this community have also been a great source of inspiration as you follow their journeys. 

You also learn that not everyone is supportive of the decision to have WLS.  My sister was very emphatic, telling me I will fail this, as I have everything else.  there is a wedge between us now, and I am unsure if time will every heal that one.

My fathers weight (400 pounds at time of death) contributed to his death of a massive heart attack at the age of 60, and I am built like he is, and heading down that path scares me, every day.  

So, as the 16th gets closer, I am excited for the procedure to get here, so I can become a new me, be healthier and enjoy life again.

See you on the bench!!

mickeymantle
on 10/9/14 4:03 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

your doing the right thing I started at over 400 lb and am doing great , im like a new person 

rarely hungry , im eating right , my labs are great all my doctors are thrilled , hubby is chasing me around the house

forget what your sister says this will work if you follow your surgeons plan

try to relax everyone is nervous  before surgery , it is the right thing to do 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

alib1976
on 10/9/14 4:26 am
VSG on 10/16/14

Thank you for the support!!! 

Congrats on the success!!!!!    

BurberryPlaid
on 10/9/14 6:41 am - MA
VSG on 09/29/14

Best of luck to you....don't let anyone steal your shine!

i assume every one here has a similar story about getting to a point where something broke that caused us to resort to WLS. No matter what that breaking point was, all that matters is that we got there and we are working on saving our lives...being healthy & happy. Trust in yourself & show the haters! 

- Steph Consult W 311 / SW 293 / Current W 267/ GW 165-160 HT: 5'9"

alib1976
on 10/9/14 8:45 pm
VSG on 10/16/14

Thank you!!

i do plan on proving them wrong!  :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views