Searching for Help!!!

ms_smiles
on 10/23/14 1:06 am

I had my VSG in March of 2011 I did very well I went from about 230lbs to 150. I had a baby 6 months ago and gained 30lbs...I haven't lost any weight I feel like I eat so much more and definitely not what I should be eating. I can't seem to cut the carb cravings. I worry I have done damage to my pouch. I want to get back to where I was but I feel like I have ruined my tool. Is there any hope for me. Can anyone give me any tips? Anyone been in my shoes and turned things around? I want to get back in control of my weight. I really could use a partner to help motivate me...I am totally embarrassed:( 

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be”- George Sheehan

alwayz_smilin2587
on 10/23/14 1:13 am - MO
VSG on 04/16/12

I am right there with you! I had mine in 2012 and have gained 19lbs. I got a personal trainer this week and have been going strong! I'd love to help motivate you and invite you to the support groups through Facebook if you'd like!!! 

ms_smiles
on 10/23/14 1:21 am

Thank you so much...What is the support group name?

“Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be”- George Sheehan

alwayz_smilin2587
on 10/23/14 7:22 am - MO
VSG on 04/16/12

My pleasure! We actually have to invite you and to do that we have to be friends on FB.  You can look me up on Facebook - Jamie Winston in Lakeland FL or you can try my email  [email protected] to look up my FB. Let me know if you have trouble finding me!

Bearz
on 10/23/14 2:06 am

i am In Martinsville Virginia at the NASCAR race so I will be walking around the camp. Go NASCAR 

Valerie G.
on 10/23/14 3:39 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

First of all, it's perfectly normal that your sleeve has stretched.  The average capacity change is from that of an egg to that of a soda can, so while it's a significant amount - it's still much less than the average somach capacity as the size of a football.  You haven't damaged anyting (and please call it a stomach - RNYs have pouches).  Fill your stomach with dense proteins to feel full longer and easier.  If you do some protein loading, that will ease your cravings for carbs in a couple of days.  I'm due for a good purge myself.  I get this every once in a while and need to induce a "detox" of sorts.

For regain - this, too, is normal.  Even as a DSer, the expectation is to regain up to 25% average of EWL.  I'm up 14% at 9 years out, and was at goal before, so it's a very reasonable result for me.  I'm not sure if they have enough data yet to detemine the average bounceback for VSG yet.  Perhaps someone can pop up with that?  Either way, you're by no means a lost cause.  You just get things back under control and push on. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ms_smiles
on 10/23/14 8:21 am

Thanks so much Valerie for your tips and words of encouragment. I won't call it a pouch again..lol!

ms_smiles
on 10/24/14 6:57 am

alwayz_smilin2587...I sent you a message in your inbox on OH.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views