Numbness/tingling feeling

Carolyn W.
on 10/26/14 11:47 am

Hi everyone.

Today I've been having a lot of numbness and tingling in my hands and feet. When the tingling starts, my muscles seem to tense up and it's hard to move my fingers or toes. I even have trouble just moving my entire foot. Also, my eyelids have been twitching non stop. Has anyone else had any problems like this? I don't know if it's related to anything with surgery, but I just thought I'd see who else is out there that has this! 

Dreamingofbeaches
on 10/26/14 12:20 pm
with

When was your surgery?  I would call the doctor ASAP. They should have someone on call 24/7. Perhaps a drug allergy?  Best wishes. 

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

dianak005
on 10/26/14 12:45 pm

I have MS and numbness and tingling is normal for me but my MS doctor watches my B12 because she says that will cause numbness and tingling if it is low. It also can cause the spacitisty  that your describing Some people who's Doctors suspect MS check b12 first.  I would call and see if you can get it checked soon but with having VSG you may be B12 deficient.   Good Luck. 

mickeymantle
on 10/26/14 3:30 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

if you had surgery this month call your surgeon Now it could be a blood clot , and fast treatment is needed to prevent permanent damage

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

TheNewT
on 10/26/14 10:57 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

Call your surgeon to talk to him about it.

Yes, I have tingling/numbness/sharp pains down the entire front of my body from chest to feet. I called my surgeon and he said the nerves that were covered by my fat pads are now exposed. He expects it to go away.... eventually. After my husbands "gentle suggestion" I had blood work done by my PCP. I was told to start taking a B complex vitamin because my B1 and B12 were low. Also my Iron and D3 were low. Everything else checked out OK.

I go to my surgeon for my 3 month check tomorrow and we will have a conversation in person about it. The tingling on the bottom of my feet make it hard to walk sometimes. Quite annoying.

I hope we are both better soon!

Carolyn W.
on 10/27/14 12:06 am

Thanks for the advice everyone! I called the nurse at the office and she wants me to have blood taken by tomorrow because she thinks it is a vitamin deficiency. She isn't concerned about blood clots since I don't have any symptoms of one. Hopefully it's just a vitamin deficiency which they can just give me a prescription for a supplement! 

Valerie G.
on 10/27/14 6:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Don't ignore thoses deficiencies (usually B). They can cause permanent damage.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views