Last Test Before Surgery

November18
on 10/23/14 7:47 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

Hi, Everyone!

Ready to leave for my EGD. This will be the final test before surgery! Really nervous and excited! Funny, the anesthesiologist told me to take a Xanax before this and the morning of surgery. I was surprised at that. Hopefully next week I will hear all my pre-op tests were ok and it's a go for November 18! Going on a short trip to NOLA next week with friends. The last Hurrah! Then the 2 week diet. Hope all goes smoothly!!

Bonnie

Jennsumner722
on 10/23/14 8:52 pm
VSG on 04/23/14 with

The Xanax is to calm your nerves before putting you under. They give me volume each time I go under I start crying and they need me calm so they give me a shot of volume.  Good luck with the test!

November18
on 10/24/14 2:39 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Thanks! The test was fine. It was actually a lot shorter than I expected. Just got a phone call that I have insurance approval! I can't believe everything is finished except for the actual surgery!!!!

Bonnie

MsPayne731
on 10/24/14 1:48 am - Dexter, MI
VSG on 11/25/14

Hi November, I just came back from visiting NOLA last week, had a blast and I am going over to the sleeved side a week after you on November 25th! My 2 week diet starts November 11 which is the same day I have to go in for my final blood work and meet with the Anasthesialogist?? I am so excited, it's so close I can feel it. Of course this probably means that I am going to be scared out of my mind come day of surgery but I am still going for it.  Save some room for me on the losers bench I will be joining you soon!

37 yo / 5'6 / HW: 325 / CW:215 / GW: 165 /  Surgery 11/25/14 

November18
on 10/24/14 2:32 am
VSG on 11/18/14

I'll save room! The EGD was really no big deal. I thought that was going to be more involved. Had to be at the hospital at 6:45 am and I was on my way home by 8:30. Feel fine. Just tired. Probably from getting up at 4 am. Right after I got home I got a call from my surgeon's office saying I had just received insurance approval. I  guess everything's a go now!!!!! No more tests. I'll watch for your posts since we will be so close in this journey. I'm not so good at working this site though. I don't know how to request a friend or post a picture!!! LOL!

Bonnie

Most Active