Mild Nausea

DragonTear25
on 10/28/14 12:44 pm

Hi everybody!

I was just hoping to get some advice.  I am pretty lucky since the surgery I have had VERY little Nausea and no vomiting (knock on wood.) On occasion however I get a little bit of an upset tummy.  I was wondering what everyone does to combat that.  I used eat (pre sleeve) ginger snaps or ginger ale for my mild nausea.  Since crakers and of  course ginger snaps and ginger ale are all out of the question, is there something you guys find useful just to settle the tummy?

I take my Pepcid every night and I do not think it is that just sometimes food does not settle right I think.

Thank you so much for all the support!

ScottL
on 10/28/14 1:45 pm

When I was having severe nausea my nutritionist recommended ginger tea or decaffeinated green tea. It wasn't up to the task of taking down the 800lb gorilla that was my nausea, but for a mild case it may help. 

VSG on 09-24-14

DragonTear25
on 10/28/14 2:10 pm

Thank you so much! I will try it.  I hope you are still not having Nausea. 

ScottL
on 10/28/14 2:19 pm

Yeah, mine has cleared up. It was from a specific medication I was taking to prevent gallstones (Ursodiol) that requires it be taken with food. Apparently protein power with water is not "food". Once I started putting it in greek yogurt or taking it with solids it cleared up.

It was basically a week a having 8-10 hours of debilitating nausea, though. Not fun. 

VSG on 09-24-14

Valerie G.
on 10/29/14 1:00 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

When it occurs, take into account how much you've had to drink so far.  Many even wake up in the night to take a drink and go back to sleep to prevent morning dehydration nausea.  My remedy is peppermint tea (or Grandmas Tummy mint from Celestial seasonings)...and it count towards hydration.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

DragonTear25
on 10/29/14 1:31 am

I love peppermint tea, I will try that for sure.  Thank you so much!

runbch
on 10/29/14 4:46 am

I second that ginger ale tea.  Another remedy is milk and toast.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views