Having a "I'm a loser day!"

roseygirl
on 11/1/14 10:32 am

I need a brainectomy! I know the tummy chop shop is only part of the plan and the rest is mental. I'm too new into this to be struggling already! I bought Organic lollies for Halloween knowing lollies aren't my drug of choice. So of course no temptation there but then came 3 days of Halloween parties and my favorite chocolates poured into my home from my boys. Come Monday whatever candy has survived will be shipped off to Candy for Troops but boy am I disappointing in myself. 

For those of you proudly posting that you have no temptations towards the bags of candy hanging around you, good for you but it aint me. The struggle is real. I'm trying to console myself that I don't plow through 10 candies like I used to and my tummy is smaller so am also not eating as much other stuff but just having a down day. For those who have posted that sugar sounds disgusting to you post op, well I just hate you. Not fair. Rant over.

VSG Surgery 10/02/14

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Amielea1975
on 11/1/14 10:51 am
VSG on 12/11/13

I'm right there with you! I have indulged and feel like I need to say it out loud so someone can yell at me! I have worked too hard- the desire is all in my head, but my willpower sucks the last few days!

roseygirl
on 11/1/14 10:58 am

Thank you Amiela! I have been reading these posts from people exhibiting will power of steel. Great for them, but I'm keepin' it real and the struggle is there! The moment my tummy felt "normal" again post op I started struggling with the mental battles of making the right choices every day.

VSG Surgery 10/02/14

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Amielea1975
on 11/1/14 11:15 am
VSG on 12/11/13

I am almost a year out and struggle everyday! Sometimes it's not a problem and others (today/ candy) are hard and I blow it. I weigh often to keep myself accountable, but it's scary. I am terrified to be 100 pounds heavier again.

DeeNY52
on 11/1/14 11:17 am

hahaha, me, too!  Those "fun size" Snickers and Heath bars got the better of me today.  Yesterday I was good but those leftovers just got to me.  It's done, the rest of the evening is herbal tea and my husband is taking the remaining goodies to church tomorrow to remove the temptation.

Not as strong as I thought.  But I did a brisk 4 miles and got in my protein.  And tomorrow I won't be having chocolate and the carbs will be out of my system and in the sewer where they belong.

The sleeve is a tool, and though I misused it today, tomorrow I'll do better.  And my friends on OH will be right along with me- with us.

Amielea1975
on 11/1/14 11:27 am
VSG on 12/11/13

Fun size! Yep, they are the devil!

Lizzieanne
on 11/1/14 1:41 pm
VSG on 10/02/14

We share the same surgery date and have been having the same struggles. I have been doing great. Lost 25 lbs since surgery. Hit the first month mark on Thursday. Halloween was hard. Ate 1/2 piece of pizza and a bite of cheesecake and today 2 fun size bars. I am so afraid that I have crossed the point of no return. I've let sugar back in and I pray that I can be strong enough to move past this. I want to be healthy and active. I want to wear clothes my friends wear. I want to ski with my kids this winter. I may even want to try dating again. My weight has been my excuse not to for the past 10 years. Tomorrow is a new day and I need to be honest and accountable. Let's help each other! 

HW:230. Surgery: 10/02/14. SW:220. CW:198 

Mary Gee
on 11/1/14 8:16 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Yup, Halloween is the beginning of Food Season - from now till New Year's Day.  There will be lots of challenges facing us.  Prepare, plan ahead, etc.  It's a battle, no doubt about it.  We will win the war, but there are bound to be some lost battles.  Do your best - get rid of the candy.  Next is Thanksgiving.  I know it will be a tough day - but I'll do the best I can.  Deserts aren't "my thing" - but stuffing and gravy, that's another thing.

Stay as strong as you can.  One day at a time.  You've got this!  

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Curves-r-us
on 11/1/14 9:06 pm

Hi there Roseygirl,

You are not alone! I did really well at work, but blew it totally out of the water on Saturday 'sorting' the kids candy .  

on the plus side, I stayed within my calorie range carbs, well, I usually do apprx 25g a day, I got in 60g yesterday.... 

Back on track today! 

Elsie

Carpe diem 

Lizzieanne
on 11/2/14 1:01 am
VSG on 10/02/14

Today is a new day. Fitting into my old clothes tastes better than a Milky Way and lasts longer too. Hang in there everyone. I am determined to make this work. 

HW:230. Surgery: 10/02/14. SW:220. CW:198 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views