Difficulty during post-op full liquid phase

rhudson
on 11/10/14 10:09 pm - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

Thanks, he's doing pretty well with the water.  He sees the surgeon tomorrow so we have a list of questions ready.

rumpole6
on 11/10/14 11:42 pm

I didn't call it hunger, but I definitely wanted to eat something that wasn't liquids. Try sugar free jello and pudding, and greek yogurt without the bits.

Preop Diet 10/4/14; Sleeve: 10/13/14

soon_to_be
on 11/11/14 12:28 am - Lorain, OH

I'm with most of the comments on here. I'm on my 3 week post op. I was so happy to graduate to puree's. For me it was more of wanting something with consistency to chew. And every food commercial that came on made it ten times worse. It will pass. I got lightheaded frequently as well. That was related to dehydration. But just tell him to stay strong. Each day will get better and become easier.

ReclaimingPaula
on 11/11/14 1:09 am
VSG on 01/28/14

Chicken broth and Powerade Zero helped me a great deal during that phase with feeling oogy. I didn't have any real hunger but everyone has a different experience. Good that you are ready with questions for the surgeon. 

Surgery 01/28/2014. HW: 310. Consult 290, Surgery 270.  CW = 150   

rhudson
on 11/11/14 4:31 am - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

Thanks everyone.  We went to the primary care physician today, turns out his blood pressure was very low so he's not to take his blood pressure medicine for now, especially since he's taking the injections these first 10 days.  He's feeling a bit better already.  Just had some Celebrate high protein chicken soup, let's see how that helps.

Cheshire54
on 11/11/14 5:34 am

OMG!  I can totally relate!  Today is day 9 post op for me and yesterday I had to go in for fluids.  I was so dehydrated!  I've never been much of a drinker and having acid reflux and nausea has made it even worse now.  Each sip seems to aggravate the reflux and this rotten taste in my mouth is really getting to me.  Anyway, I do feel better since I got the fluids and was actually relieved that for 4 whole hours I didn't have to think about drinking.  And really, WTH is it with all the food commercials?!  They have also been driving me crazy.  I want some real food!  I am having pudding right now and it is so delicious.  I tried cream of cheese broccoli soup on Sunday and really enjoyed it but yesterday when I wanted to have it again I couldn't stand it.  Are my taste buds going to be changing so rapidly?  Today I will try pea soup.  My weight does not seem to be moving either! Oh my main problem now is with constipation. Still haven't gone.  Do any of you want to join a weight loss surgery secret facebook group?   If so please message me with your email address so I can invite you.  I just started it.  Tell your husband to hang in there.  I am only one day ahead of him.  Lynne

rhudson
on 11/11/14 5:56 am - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

Yes, my husband and I share a Facebook account, you can email me at [email protected] - would love to join the group!

sechax0r
on 11/11/14 6:07 am
VSG on 11/03/14

I can relate to this as well. I am post op day 8. I have been on liquids since September 10th (pre op weight loss) and I am ready to be done. I was in Sams club today and I realized I could not have 99% of the items in there. I have two more weeks of liquids (surgeon requires 3 weeks of post op liquids). Ugh. 

rhudson
on 11/11/14 7:08 am - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

You are a trooper.  Let's hope these next 2 weeks fly for you!

happytoloose
on 11/11/14 12:49 pm

Wow, I feel very fortunate.

My doc moved me to full liqids on day 4 when I was discharged.

I go for my first follow up in the morning. Hoping he'll tell me soft foods and purses cause Im really feeling

like I'm ready.

Liquids are no issue now 2weeks out. Really looking forward to real proteins , and some veggies.

I have had a little cottage cheese and pudding but not much else.

I don't think I made my protein goal once since surgery.

But that said, I haven't felt bad since I got home.

Feeling a little better each day. Haven't  hit the hungriest yet but I am expecting to anytime .

What a trip this thing is. So different for each of us.

With the same goal in mind, going through similar, yet different phases. Amazing isn't it?

Do your best, and things will undoubtedly work out.

Rod

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views