Celebrate chewable multivitamin - formula change

Escape_Pod
on 12/10/14 3:26 am

I just got around to opening a bottle from my most recent shipment of the Celebrate chewable multivitamins (mandarin orange), and was convinced I got a bad batch.  They look gray rather than orange, and they taste funny.  My last batch was the old formula, expiration date of 04/16.  The new formula has an expiration date of 06/16.

I contacted Celebrate to report the problem, and was told they've changed the formula - removed the artificial coloring, and added more D, B12, Selenium, K, Zinc, and Copper.  These are probably all good healthy changes, but I'm really unhappy with the taste.  I'll probably switch to a non-chewable formulation, but I've had trouble with some brands making me queasy, even 3+ years post-op, and I had trouble making the switch to remember to take my vitamin before I eat (when I can take it with water) rather than after.

I thought it was worth a post, in case anyone else is opening a new bottle and wondering what was "wrong" with their shipment.

5'8"    Highest Weight: 245   Goal Weight (Surgeon): 154   Stretch Goal: 140

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 12/10/14 3:55 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Thank you for posting this.  I was planning to order more of the mandarin orange chewables, but think I may pass.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active