Singular

Julie S.
on 1/2/15 5:25 am - Laredo, TX
VSG on 12/29/14

I'm four days out and I want to take singular. It was given to me before the surgery thing is, I don't know if I can and if it can be crushed.  Tried calling dr but they are closed. 

Did anyone take this med right after surgery?

Thanks everyone for your help and support. This is all new to me.

With God All things are possible!      
Thebiggestloser
on 1/2/15 6:52 am
VSG on 11/19/14 with

Call the pharmacy 

sechax0r
on 1/2/15 10:10 am
VSG on 11/03/14

I was taking oral medication the day after surgery. It was actually a condition of discharge to be able to take oral pain killers and my PPI. You should be ok. 

Racewalker48
on 1/2/15 10:48 am
RNY on 02/17/14

Do you mean Singulair for asthma or allergies?  If that is the case, I took if before and continue to take it after surgery.  I did not need to crush the tablet, but it can be crushed.  The brand manufacturer (Merck) does make a chewable tablet and oral granules as well as a film coated tablet.

mickeymantle
on 1/3/15 1:26 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

your surgeon should have someone on call 24/7 if not you could call your pcp 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Dee R.
on 1/3/15 5:04 am - CA

I took it before and waited for a few day after and then took it no problem afterwards without crushing it.  However, my Dr. did tell me there was no problem with crushing it.

Dee

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views