Total Body Cleanse

TJWalding
on 1/17/15 10:00 pm - Krum, TX

Has anyone used a Total Body Cleanse after surgery? I have one and it says on the step two to make sure that I drink at least 8 ounces of water or I might get choked. This may be a stupid question but if the fiber is enough to choke someone will it hurt my sleeve??

Chilipepper
on 1/17/15 11:01 pm

If it's the fiber that expands like Metamucil I would not recommend it, which this is what yours sounds like. When was your surgery?  Why do you feel you need to do a cleanse?  When you are in the rapid weight loss phase your kidneys are under enough strain. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

TJWalding
on 1/18/15 12:36 am - Krum, TX

I am 2.5 years out. I feel like it will help clean me out and rid my body of toxins. I think it is probably Psyllium Husks for the fibre.

ElizaM
on 1/18/15 12:39 am
VSG on 07/24/14

Your liver does a perfectly good job of getting rid of toxins all on its own.  Cleanses are basically a marketing scam at best, harmful to your body at worst.

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

TJWalding
on 1/18/15 10:54 pm, edited 1/18/15 10:54 pm - Krum, TX
Chilipepper
on 1/18/15 12:45 am

Water will cleanse your body of toxins. Psyllium fiber is the same as Metamucil, a bulk fiber. It will expand with water and will cause you distress in your small sleeve and possibly stretch it. That is why Benefiber is what is recommended for post WLS patients. It is a natural fiber that dissolves in liquids. It doesn't expand. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Goose Bump
on 1/18/15 2:29 am

I second the water! Warm water with tea or ginger even. dont want anything that expands.

VSG on 6/25/14  HW:360 GW:170  33yo 5'8''

Superchunk77
on 1/18/15 2:00 am

The body is self cleaning.  Drink more water.  It's more effective than any of the junk you can buy.

hollykim
on 1/18/15 5:26 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 18, 2015 at 6:00 AM Pacific Time, TJWalding wrote:

Has anyone used a Total Body Cleanse after surgery? I have one and it says on the step two to make sure that I drink at least 8 ounces of water or I might get choked. This may be a stupid question but if the fiber is enough to choke someone will it hurt my sleeve??

eating clean and on plan and drinking plenty of liquids will allow your body to self cleanse. Total body cleanses are a scam.

JoeyJo
on 1/18/15 6:28 am - NJ

My surgery was a few months before my 50th birthday so it was recommended that I get a colonoscopy when I scheduled my endoscopy.   It was a doctor supervised "cleanse".  

Pre-cancerous polyps were found.   Most were removed.   I went back 6 months later to have more removed ... another "cleanse".   I have to go to the hospital in 6 months to have another removed so I have another cleanse in my not too distant future.  

Better than cancer.  Get a colonoscopy folks. 

Most Active