5 Weeks, stomach feels YUK most of the day

Spanky123
on 1/25/15 6:38 am

I started puree last week, didn't try anything fancy, but my stomach feels yuk all the time it seems. I guess it would be best described as nausea, but not like pre-op nausea, I take zofran, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I'm taking prilosec and the actigoll, it's making my not want to eat or drink anything which is a problem. Should I ask for something else for nausea? I'm also battling painful diarrhea. Seems my whole GI system is pretty angry with me right about now..lol. Phenegran knocks me out, is there something else they can give?

Gwen M.
on 1/25/15 6:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I would definitely call your surgeon tomorrow and explain how you're feeling and ask what to do.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

cjstern06
on 1/25/15 12:15 pm

Oh my gosh, I know exactly how you feel!!!

Tomorrow, I will be 4 weeks out from surgery.  Last week, I felt like I was dying!  I posted a thread called Please help in the general forum section.  I called and spoke with my Surgeons fellow.  She stated that all the things I was feeling were "normal" even though they didn't feel normal to me.  She suggested upping my dose of anti-nausea meds.

I was originally taking 1/2 tab of Zofran, dissolvable, every 8 hours.  She upped the dose to 1 whole tab every 4 hours and added in Promethazine every 6 hours.  My pharmacist told me to alternate them if I wanted and it seems to be working like magic!  He also suggested using Mint Life Savers to keep my mouth moist. 

I wasn't able to get much liquid in so I decided to try ice chips and they work perfectly.  The last 2 days I've carried a cup around filled with ice chips and I eat them often.  I am now able to sip water or other liquids without feeling nauseous. 

I'm also able to take small bites of food now.  Today I had a few bites of cottage cheese and a few bites of mashed cauliflower. 

I can' tell you how much better I feel since starting the upped doses of the anti-nausea meds.

I hope things start getting better soon ~ hang in there!

Spanky123
on 1/25/15 8:00 pm

Ya, Im calling today, I'm taking 40 mg of zofran every 4-6 hours, but it's not working. I wake up feeling liek this and it turns my stomach to think about drinking or eating. This must be part of the healing process..lol. This, matched w/ myhorrible diarrhea issue is really dragging me down. I was doing so well, now I'm backsliding. Glad you got yours situated, hopefully i will find a quick solution!

Spanky123
on 1/26/15 2:20 am

Talked to nurse, dr thinks it's the Ursidol I'm taking for gallbladder prevention. So he's giving me something to help bind with the bile. Apparently side effect of ursidol csn cause abdominal muscle spasms while trying to pass the extra bile..lol., yes it does! Hopefully this works. Nausea being treated with extra b1 and zofran. Hope it all works.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views