Having Gastric sleeve, very nervous

tstoked12
on 3/1/15 11:39 am

Hi!  My name is T, and am I scheduled for surgery in Mexico in April.  As the date approaches, I am getting very nervous.  Mostly because of the post-op plan.  Anyone out there that can calm my nerves, talk experiences with me?

Starlene02
on 3/1/15 2:33 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

I can't talk experience with you as I'm nervous myself. I'm waiting on approval from my insurance company so my surgery date can be set. Congrats on it being just around the corner! This is why I want this done as soon as possible. I'm terrified and I'm afraid I might talk myself out of it! I know this is what I need to do so I'm 100% going to do it but yes I'm a nervous wreck. I'm sure that's probably normal.

If you feel like quitting, think of why you started.

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/15 11:51 pm

yes it's normal to be nervous, weigh the pros and cons, do you want a healthy life? What's the  alternative if you talk urself out of it. Be well.

snazzyazzy
on 3/1/15 10:00 pm

I don't have any advice for you because I am also scheduled for the surgery, actually it's tomorrow 3/3 and I am very nervous. I wish you good luck and happy weight loss!

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/15 11:53 pm

Best wishes to you on your surgery tomorrow, your  going to do just fine, just follow your  drs instructions. See you on the losing side in 1 week, you'll see.

Bufflehead
on 3/1/15 10:27 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

What is it about your post op plan that is making you nervous?

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/15 11:53 pm

was wondering the same thing??

tstoked12
on 3/4/15 2:52 pm

I think overeating.  I don't want this to be for not, and it's such a change.  What was the hardest part for you?

Luvmygs
on 3/2/15 12:00 am
VSG on 12/04/14

T, its very normal to be nervous, that's with any surgery. I was more excited than anything, thinking of all the positive changes I'll be looking forward to. I will admit the 2 weeks after surgery were difficult for me. Only because your new stomach is very swollen and I had a hard time with just liquids. But it got better as the days went on. I didn't get to drink my protein shake until about 5 days out and it took me almost all day to drink 1 shake. Again, this got better with each day. By May you'll be feeling so much better and will start to LOVE your new sleeve. Good luck.

ABair
on 3/2/15 12:28 am
VSG on 01/14/15

T don't be nervous.  The Post op plan for me was actually no big deal.  I wasn't hungry, I did exactly what the doctor said and so far I have not had a single issue.  I will be 60 days post op on March 14th and I've never felt better!  I am down 41lbs since surgery.  You're taking a big step in living a healthier life.  Don't be scared, be excited, and enjoy the journey!!

Lisa

Lisa 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views