Surgery in a week

Bbinder2002
on 3/3/15 10:04 am

my surgery for the sleeve is next week.  Any last minute advice and suggestions on my recovery both while in the hospital and when I go home?

Amber G.
on 3/3/15 11:42 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Congrats on Surgery!! The most important and popular advise of all: Walk walk walk and sip sip sip :) You are going to do great!!

JennyMcC
on 3/4/15 2:16 am
VSG on 02/25/15

Good luck next week!  I made a little list of things I wanted to take TO the hospital w/ me.  I have heel pain, so on my list was HOUSE SLIPPERS so I could walk as much as possible to get rid of that gas pain.  I also took some Gas X strips w/ me.  (Check w/ your surgeon to make certain that is OK w/ them), i took an iPad so I could read/play games to pass the time if I couldn't sleep.  Comfy clothes to wear home.  I also took Listerine thin strips (that melt on your tongue), they were nice to have.  the Isopure bottled drinks are good for after surgery.  They count toward PROTEIN and your fluid.  It is hard to believe but its actually a struggle to get down more than 1 or 2 ounces at a time after surgery so anything that can do 'double duty' is good.  I felt very very tired for the first few days and some people on the boards helped me figure out I was getting dehydrated.  So get your liquids in!  My surgeon said that dehydration is the #1 reason people get re-hospitalized.  You will do great!  You are preparing ahead of time and that will make things EASIER later!  Congratulations!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views