TODAY'S DRUG OF PREFERENCE

psren13
on 3/7/15 4:22 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

I LOVE Miralax!!!  Along with the high proteins and low carbs (even though I always meet and sometimes exceed) the 64oz s day of water comes unfriendly occasional) constipation.  Also comes ketosis, which is a state your body tends to go into when your daily carbs are 50gms or less.  Not complaining.. Body doesnt have the carbs to use for energy so it gobbles on the fat stores.  yipee.. Quick history, age is 65   5'2"..  Highest weight hit 277 once but settle in the 260's.  Along with that has been a total knee replacement, rotator cuff repar, bicep and deltoid tears repaired (stitched) during surgery, the usual with many of us type II diabetes, hypertension, back pain, lack of energy, tire easily, winded easily.. I am tired of feeling like that and want to preserve the other knee, improve my quality of life.  I am tired of shopping in the plus sizes where it says "$2 more for plus size" .  Tired of elastic waists and stretchy pants.  Do you know how hard it is to find pants big enough to fit me and not have 4 inches of leg left over due to being so short?  My capris are almost to my ankles.  My goal is realistic.. a pair of blue jeans.  Man it has been soooo many years since I've worn jeans.  Being large boned and my age, I am being realistic in weight goal 150-165.  I am in pre-op diet mode at this time and patting myself on the back because I haven't cheated and have been diligent.  This is serious business.  VSG is just a tool, I have to supply the work.  This is a life time committment, not just another fad diet.  When I saw my doctor in mid January, I was down to 249.  This morning down to 233.8.  Surgery is in 4 days, the 11th.  Am I nervous?  Not at all.  Excited?  Yep.  

This site has been a God send for me.  I read all the forum every day.  I feel the highs and lows of ordinary people.  I see their struggles and their accomplishments.  Y'all (yes I;m a Suthern Gal) have given me hope, determination, insight, facts, advice..And the list goes on and on.  Thanks for being there. 

Journey2be
on 3/7/15 5:03 am

Good luck with your surgery! 

lianna
on 3/7/15 8:39 am - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

You have a great attitude!  Wishing you a quick easy recovery and a healthier life ahead.

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

TeressaJ
on 3/7/15 10:17 am

Your attitude is awesome and will assure success! I am also a short southern girl, 5'3", and suffered the same problems with clothing. Funny thing is I thought I was big boned, too, but I now weigh 132, wear a petite size 8, and have found my bones aren't big at all! I'm 8 months post op and still getting used to not having fat to deal with, especially since it seemed to fall off so quickly and often still feel awkward in my clothes. This does take determination but going down almost a size per month sure helps! Good luck on your surgery!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/7/15 11:14 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Good news-- I had the same problem with short legs, and it's not an issue now that I've lost weight and wear smaller pants :)

It sounds like you've got your head on completely straight, and I know you're going to kick butt and take names!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

psychoticparrot
on 3/7/15 11:32 am

Hi psren, I'm 5'1", my high weight was 275, and I'm 63 years old (however, I'm a Pennsylvania Yankee; don't hold it against me!). Lots of comorbidities to go with the weight, too. I was sleeved on Feb. 2. I've lost 35-40 pounds from my high weight so far. 

I would like to sound one caution about the post-op phase. I've found that, because of my age, I can't deviate from the program even a little, or the consequences can be severe -- more severe than for younger people. Last week I got careless about liquid intake and ended up in the hospital for three days with severe dehydration and a serious kidney infection. I'm still recovering from it at home. 

I don't mean to scare you. Just reminding you that in our sixties we don't heal as quickly as the young'uns. Stick to the plan and all should be well. Good luck.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views