Four year Surgiversary

Elena22
on 3/9/15 7:36 am

My NUTS plan was 1200 cals a day, 70 grams of protein a day, 50 grams of carbs a day. I did do less carbs than recommended but followed the calorie and protein recommendations. I exercise regularly, (walk at park 4x a week) and i don't drink sugary beverages.  I haven't gained any weight, i seem to be maintaining, but i still need to lose a good 75lbs. Despite doing this, i haven't lost any more weight. i think i really need to malabsorb the calories I intake to be successful.

~ Elena.

frisco
on 3/9/15 10:18 am

Take this for what's it worth and it's not meant in anyway, anything against you as I firmly believe your the victim.

Your situation sounds fairly textbook to me.

The absolute most common question I get hands down..... is "HELP, I'm 6 months out and my WL has stopped !!!!"

Than my question is: What's your eating plan? Almost always it's 1000-1200cals.

The trend now days seems to be, bigger sleeves and 1000-1200 cals which seems to be the perfect recipe to lose weight for about 6 months fairly easily.

Generally there are 3 groups of people that seem to be able to lose all the weight on 1200cals.

- Some men (I couldn't)

- Taller woman

- Athletes

Now your situation.... your in maintenance.

For a minute here let's just hypothetically look at something.....I hope you don't mind cause it's one of those woulda, coulda, shoulda past tense things but it more replicates probably the most common path for VSG.

If you were on the more common 600-800cal plan, how much more weight would you have lost and been maintaining?

I guess my real point here is that it is of my opinion that your plan wasn't on your side and your WLS program didn't set you up for the kind of weight you wanted to lose. You did your part, you followed the "plan".

Always the PC thing to say is.... Follow your doctors plan.

If you want to try something, I'd be willing to help you out, just PM me. It is very hard to go backwards, but that's what it would take. I get that you have the DS on your mind and that very well might be the best thing for you.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Elena22
on 3/9/15 12:20 pm

Thanks Frisco, I sent you a pm.  

~ Elena.

SkinnyBonz38
on 3/9/15 5:05 am
Most Active