feeling like I failed my tool

nicolemosca
on 3/10/15 12:12 pm

Hi!

Dont worry.. I think we have all been there. I was only 2.5 lbs from my weight loss goal and suddenly BOOM! In came the cakes.. in came the chips.. in came shawarma and french fries and sodas and all that "goodness". I ended up gaining weight and you know what? It freaked me out... of course its gonna freak us out! We went through something really serious so that we could get that push to lose weight.. and when you gain even just a little bit you realize "hey.. its not just a little bit.. it can be ALOT and very very FAST". So basically its all about forcing yourself to get back in the swing..

I forced myself to the gym.. to do as much as I could.. even if it was just 20 min. Learned to cook healthy things at home.. even how to make yummy extremely healthy cookies for when I have cravings.. I must say as an experiment i completely quit all refined sugar (any sugar that isnt brown sugar, or comes from fruit.. including any white bread, white pasta, white rice.. all whole grain) and let me tell you.. its been 3 weeks and Ive never felt so much energy. The first two weeks i had the worst anxiety.. like a crack addict in dire need of drugs... but i hung in there, and now the cravings are gone.. and it took only three weeks to get extremely motivated and on the ball. Now I go to the gym very happily.. in fact its hard to get me out of there. (Who would have thought..) And I crave delicious healthy food that honestly makes me feel better than any pizza or donut ever could... 

You can do it!!! All you have to do is start!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views