5 Years and Counting

bxbeba
on 3/16/15 1:15 am - NY

Looking at the calendar I realized that today makes five years that I had my surgery.  The best thing I every did for myself.  I'm not going to say that it's been an easy road I have my ups and downs.  I had my gallbladder removed last year, which was such a blessing (gallstones galore), had breast cancer for the second time sevens months after having my vsg all went well and kept on plan during radiation treatments.

Currently working on losing about 25 lbs that I have gained in the last year.  Moving to a near area way to many carbs taken in, but I know what to do and have lost 4 lbs so far.  It's a lot harder now to lose than at the beginning.

Starting weight was 267, lowest weight was 150, current weight 171 as of this morning.  Am I happy with the weight again, of course not but I know it could have been much worse if I never had the surgery done.  Any regrets, none at all except that I wish I had done it sooner (will be 57 this July).

All of those who still wondering whether to do it or not - do it because if dieting on our own worked we would all be thin.

Good Luck to all who have had surgery, or are thinking about having surgery.

Best,  Toni

Luvmygs
on 3/16/15 1:35 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Toni, You've done amazing and you look great! I know, being 15 weeks post op, that WLS is not the easy way out. I find that its a daily commitment. Making sure I eat healthy foods and staying away from those ugly bad carbs. But I could not have done this journey without the surgery and I have no regrets. Thank you so much for your inspiring post. Good luck your 25 lb weight loss. Christine

bxbeba
on 3/16/15 3:48 am - NY
bxbeba
on 3/16/15 3:50 am - NY

Christine,

Thank you.  WLS is definitely not the easy way out, though some people often will tell you that!  You're doing great on your weightloss, keep up the good work very happy for you.

Toni

Kathy S.
on 3/16/15 1:45 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

sistah3
on 3/16/15 4:10 am

Definitely don't beat yourself up about these 20 lbs. You've fought cancer and come out the other side a survivor. The weight will come off but most importantly, a clean bill of health is all any of us needs. Way to go!

bxbeba
on 3/16/15 4:27 am - NY

Thanks. I know the 20 lbs is not a lot, but it gets scary how easy it is to gain.  thanks again, and good luck on your journey.

robinreinhardt
on 3/16/15 4:57 am

Toni,

Bless you for going through so much health wise. Sounds like you really know how to get the weight off. Protein first and low carbs. Exactly what you are doing. You'll be in my thoughts.

Robin

bxbeba
on 3/16/15 5:06 am - NY

Robin,

Thank you.  It's not easy, but when it came to the cancer you just do what you have to do.  As far as the weightloss, this to shall come off.  Wishing you all the best in your weightloss journey.

Toni

robinreinhardt
on 3/16/15 8:17 am
Thanks Toni! Robin

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views