SPLENDA

Superchunk77
on 3/17/15 11:10 pm

I can't so sugar free anything due to food allergies.  That has been my struggle since the beginning because they want you to have sugar free everything.  I have found that Monk Fruit is not that hard on me but even then post surgery I could not tolerate the proteins made with Monk fruit.  I just use 1 tsp of real sugar in my coffee in the mornings and then I am done. After that it's all about the protein foods.

momsy55
on 3/17/15 11:35 pm - ME

I'm trying to move away from all artificial sweeteners, as much as possible.  The chemicals in that stuff isn't good for us, but we don't have too many other options.  I like stevia, though I know some don't.  I only have stevia at home, and have switched from adding sugar free instant pudding mix, which has Splenda, into plain greek yogurt, to using Triple Zero yogurt.  That's the biggest change I've made.  I also occasionally use Quest protein bars, as they're sweetened with stevia.  I think the Triple Zero yogurt has taken off, as there always seems to be a dwindling supply.  If so, maybe other mainstream companies will start using stevia instead of the artificial sweeteners.  I am not ready yet to stop using anything sweetened, and sugar is such a trigger for me.  It's always a juggling act!  Mary

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Jp2lose
on 3/18/15 3:46 am - Omaha, NE
Mary, have you tried the RX bars? They don't have any artificial sweeteners in them. I like the coconut cacao and coffee cacao. They have a few more carbs than Quest bars and not as much protein, but they are good and all natural. I still buy the Quest bars because sometimes I need a chocolate fix and the chocolate brownie does it for me without triggering cravings, but if I just need a snack I like the RX bars. I'm below my goal right now though so I don't really have to worry about few extra carbs in the RX bars.

momsy55
on 3/18/15 6:46 am - ME

I haven't seen those.  I'll have to look for them.  Thanks!  I love the coconut macadamia Quest bars - yum!  I try to only buy protein bars one at a time, as they sometimes call my name.  Oh this food addiction stuff stinks some times!  :)

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views