Had the EGD today!

msecanales
on 3/25/15 11:56 am

Was definitely not worth all the stress I put myself through. That was the first time I had ever gone through any type of procedure. Never had surgery.. so all of this is new and scary. It was the best sleep I had ever had! I asked the nurse if I can have that every night to sleep. She answered, "If you can get Michael Jackson's doctor". So she gave me a little chuckle. I did have a small hiatial hernia. So, I would qualify for the cheaper price since my insurance excludes bariatric surgery. They will fix the hernia at the same time as the VSG and bill for the hernia repair- I pay the difference. Next, I need to call my coordinator to schedule stress test. Honestly, now I am completely stressing over the actual surgery. I guess the thing that worries me the most is the recovery/pain. I guess just gotta take one day at a time...

DANinTexas360
on 3/26/15 6:04 am
VSG on 01/26/15 with

Mine was a nightmare. I was told not to eat past 10pm the night before. I didn't eat or drink anything past 8pm. I had a very light dinner of chicken thigh and some green beans. My procedure started at about 7:30am. During the procedure they found food in my stomach and didn't seem to believe me when I told them I didn't eat past the time. I had to shell out over $600 for a swallow test to make sure I'm not having digestive issues. Thankfully everything was clear but had I not passed I would have not been able to have my surgery, which sucked because I was a month from losing my insurance and if I had to postpone it it was likely I would never of had this opportunity again. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views