Weigh****chers after VSG

Oneillch
on 3/27/15 7:34 am
VSG on 02/04/15

Besides, who has room for much more than protein during the early WL phase? I'm 7 wks out & just starting to get some veggies in.

Laura_S
on 3/27/15 9:40 am
VSG on 03/17/15

I don't know much about the WW plan, but I think you would need to make sure it incorporates enough protein. Otherwise it seems reasonable. One of the reasons WLS is low carb is to make sure we get enough protein in our limited digestive space.

Ht: 5'6" HW: 254 SW: 225 CW: 180  VSG 3/17/15 with Dr. Matthew Rawlins

Thundergrrrl
on 3/27/15 12:41 pm

If you think it will work, give it a try! But, I tried it a while back, when I was close to my band-lowest weight. It did not help. I actually gained weight on it eating less than my weekly points-plus values because I'm carb sensitive and it's easy to eat plenty of carbs and still be under your points. 

Also, I found they did not like that I had a band. I guess it depends on the leader. But everyone is different and I know someone with the lap-band who did really well following weigh****chers after surgery. And they did have 2 different options. The traditional one is the points plus but the other one, at least last time I did it, was basically eating unlimited quantities of a very limited group of foods (meat and veggies basically!) So it sounds like that one would have been better for me, but you're probably looking to do the one with a wider variety.

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views