Almost 2 Weeks Post-Op... Down 25 pounds Since Surgery

more2adore
on 4/8/15 1:45 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

Not even two weeks post-op, and I'm down 25 pounds already. Add in the pre-op diet my surgeon had me do and I'm down over 54 pounds in six weeks. Crazy! I know I'm getting a higher rate of weight loss because of how high my starting weight is, and that it'll likely slow down once I start on pureed foods in a week or solid foods 4-6 weeks later... but I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts! 

I actually haven't had a ton of issues with liquids post-op... I've been adding protein powder to all the fluid meals I eat (my surgeon basically only allows fruit smoothies & soups for me right now) and/or drinking zero-carb Whey Protein Isolate protein shakes, with double scoops when I'm concerned I might not get enough protein for the day. I've been averaging 64 oz. of water daily and 90+ grams of protein. I still am having a really painful time trying to take vitamins, but I manage it with all but the biggest horse vites I have (prenatal multi & Calcium. Really need to try to find some calcium chews, but they're not easy to find in Australia). 

I feel like I'm very lucky to be able to handle fluids this well this early out! Only on a rare occasion have I been unable to finish a shake or something due to nausea. Anyway, just wanted to share. :)

VSG 3/28/2015 | HW 600+ | SW 488.2 | CW 398.4

Tara40S
on 4/8/15 5:18 pm
VSG on 04/09/15

Congratulations! You are doing an amazing job using your new tool. Thanks for sharing your achievements 

Ellie333
on 4/8/15 10:04 pm - Canada

Thank you for sharing, you are doing fantastic...feels good doesn't it.

BrookaTM
on 4/9/15 4:07 am

Great job!  Keep up the good work! 

HW 342, Consult weight 317, 308 current weight   

Alit
on 4/9/15 5:56 am
VSG on 03/27/15

That is fabulous!!! Congratulations!  It seems that we had surgery on about the same day (mine was 3/27/15)! I started using flavored drops to flavor my water as plain water tastes metallic since my surgery and that has helps my fluid intake.  Thanks for sharing!

Age 40 HW 277 SW 257 M1 -21 M2 -10

more2adore
on 4/9/15 1:44 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

Yeah, we actually had surgery on the same day, pretty much! I had mine on 3/28 Australia time, which would be 3/27 US time. :) I've been using Mio & Crystal Light since pre-surgery to help me get in water... had to actually have my inlaws ship me some as they don't sell it here in Aus, and I missed it! It definitely helps, though I really don't have the chance to get in MUCH water by itself since most of my daily fluid intake is protein-related right now. Thanks for the reply! :)

VSG 3/28/2015 | HW 600+ | SW 488.2 | CW 398.4

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views