Gaining Weight!!!

SmallerKenah
on 4/14/15 1:43 pm
VSG on 02/14/12

I had the VSG in 2012.  After, surgery I was dong great until life happen. Yes I am an emotional eater! From finishing school, studying and taking the bar, and moving to a new state, it has contributed to my weight gain.  Now I have gained over 50 pounds back. Recently, I received the for life diet plan that I am going to start tomorrow. I am going to dedicate 4-5 days of at least an hour of cardio.  Has anyone had any issues with gaining weight back? Any suggestions? Motivation is need these 2 weeks for an liquid diet. PLEASE LEAVE ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF.  

Mary B.
on 4/14/15 3:20 pm - AZ
VSG on 04/23/15

That was a lot to deal with.  Now it's all behind you and it sounds like you're ready to put weight loss at the top of your list.  You know you did it before so you can do it again.  The liquid diet and exercise will get you off to a great start.

Good luck!

Age 63, HW 289, SW 273

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/15 3:12 am

Yes, I have had some regain. I have found that trying to do a liquid diet always sets me up for failure. You are somewhere between two and three years out. I'm thinking a liquid diet might be hard for you to sustain for two entire weeks. Maybe instead, try going back to a very low carb, high protein and moderate to higher fat food plan to get you back in line and off the carbs.

Remember to not try to be a superhero and get all that weight off in two weeks! (big grin!!!!) Do what you can on the exercise - maybe it will only be 3 days and 30 minutes each day. Don't set yourself up a goal that might be too difficult to achieve. I'd say a better goal might be, "I'll move for at least 30 minutes 3 times this week."

Again, it's up to you, but I've learned that being too gung ho and too optimistic about immediate behavior changes is what sets me up for failure. Do your level best, but be realistic. It's going to take a long while to lose 50 pounds. You can do it, but be kind to yourself along the way and realize that there is no perfection to be met. It's making the right choices over time that will lead you to success.

Best wishes.

SmallerKenah
on 4/15/15 11:55 am
VSG on 02/14/12

Thank You!!!! I actually did well today for the liquid only. It could be because I was super busy today. When I finally did get a break, I was able to get 60 mins of walking in. I will keep you posted if that is ok?

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/15 12:11 pm

I would really enjoy that! Please do!

I'm glad you had a good day today. Remember that if going full liquid gets to be too much that that is not a sign of weakness. It is against the body's mechanism of self preservation to go both low carb and low fat at the same time. You may find that adding some coconut butter (oil) or grass fed butter (Kerrygold brand is good and easiest to find) to your protein drinks will help with satiety and keeping your head clear and alert.

Getting back on track should never feel like punishment.

KrisJ77
on 4/15/15 5:08 am - TX

I haven't been on this site in forever! I am on it today because I need help! I have gained back about 40 pounds and I am so depressed. I feel like I blew it.  I was thinking we need to go back to eating how we ate right after surgery.  My tummy still gets full - I just snack too much.  What do you think?

Hugs - you are not alone!!

Kris

SmallerKenah
on 4/15/15 12:03 pm
VSG on 02/14/12

Thank you for the Hugs. Mine is snacking too. Sometimes I will snack on all types of food throughout the day. I don't feel like my stomach stretched much, because I do still get full really fast. Like today I have been on liquid all day and the water is keeping me full.  Want to motivate each other to eat right and workout? I am going to befriend you on the website. 

ipray
on 4/15/15 7:13 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Looks like you have already been given some good advice!  If you haven't already done so, remove all of the tempting food from your house if possible and ignore or switch channel if needed when tempting food commercials come on.  If someone in your house is cooking or eating something in front of you that is tempting, go to another room or outside and find an activity to do until they are finished.  I've read from previous posters that once you rid your body of carbs, sugars or whatever is your trigger you won't crave it as much.  You were able to lose the weight once, so you should be able to do it again.  And this time you will know what didn't work the first time around.  If you are an emotional eater, maybe see a therapist that can help you find another way do deal with your emotions. Good luck to you!

SmallerKenah
on 4/15/15 11:58 am
VSG on 02/14/12

I am going to remove all the junk I have in my place!!!! I also found a support group that had bariatric surgery and have gained weight, hopefully that helps. Thank you for responding!

Most Active