Has anyone had a problem with peeing since their surgery (I am 3 weeks out)

philly2dc
on 4/17/15 12:26 am

I had surgery on the March 25th and I have been having a problem with peeing all of a sudden. I now only go in the morning and at night, and that is not normal for me. I know I am not getting 64ounces of water in either  BUT I am drinking constantly throughout the day. My primary doctor gave me a water pill that I took today and OMG I have gone more in the last 3 hours than I have gone in the last 2 days. 

mickeymantle
on 4/17/15 2:38 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

It might pay to call your pcp it is not unusual to get a uti from having the catheter  and also antibiotics can kill all the good germs and let  the bad ones grow 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

EvergreenK
on 4/17/15 3:38 am
VSG on 09/16/14 with

I had some trouble with getting the flow started, so to speak.  It went away after about a month.  Keep an eye on it, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Kara D.
on 4/17/15 3:41 am
VSG on 03/02/15

Are you retaining fluid or are you not having the urge to go to the bathroom and when you do its not a usual amount? Being dehydrated can cause you to go to the bathroom less often, like 2 times a day. I know the feeling of the constant drinking, but you still need to get the 64 ounces in. If you are retaining fluid, that is something different and I would talk to the surgeons office and speak to him or his nursing staff and see what they recommend. If it were me, I would call my surgeons office anyway and see what they suggest first no matter what the reason. Good luck!

HW 303, pre op diet 284  CW 278

more2adore
on 4/17/15 4:50 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

If you're dehydrated (quite possible if you're not getting at least 48 oz of water in... preferably 64) I would think a diuretic would be the worst idea for that. Obviously I'm not a doctor, but if there's any chance you're dehydrated, you may want to mention that to the doc and ask if you should still be taking the diuretic. 

VSG 3/28/2015 | HW 600+ | SW 488.2 | CW 398.4

Most Active