Scared of WLS

Happy Girl
on 5/4/15 4:19 pm - CA
Hi
I am 4 years out from my VSG. There is not a day that goes by that I am not grateful for my surgery. It is seriously one of the best decisions I have ever made. Not only is the type of surgery important but the surgeon you pick as well. I actually flew to have surgery with a surgeon that I found and felt was the right fit. Make sure you do your homework. The surgeon makes all the difference! FYI if you want to check out mine, his name is Dr. Jossart and he is in San Francisco. Like I said he was definitely worth the trip for me. He was extremely skilled and had a great bedside manner.
The surgery is not a cure all but it really is a HUGE help. I NEVER thought I would be able to keep my weight under control. Never ever in my wildest dreams did I think I would be able to really be the boss when it came to my weight but here I am 4 years later and I have maintained my goal this whole time. I got down to the mid/low 130's and I keep myself no higher than 140. If I go beyond that I catch it because I weigh myself several times a week and wear outfits that I can tell if I am up beyond my comfort zone.
Mind, body and soul this surgery was the right choice for me. Only you can know if it is right for you. Just make sure you do as much homework and research as you can and definitely pick the best surgeon you can afford. Good luck!!

5'6"
  Dr.  Gregg Jossart  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 79 views