7 years ago I had a VSG with the wonderful now deceased Dr. Aceves. He was the most caring gentle sweet man and absolutely brilliant,no scars, he was there with me when I woke. He spent untold time with me personally. I loved him and the surgery was so successful. I lost 105 pounds, came within 3 pounds of my goal weight and was ECSTATIC. 

A year and a half ago I had to leave my home state and move to rural NorCal to care for my aging parents. My active lifestyle screeched to a halt.. nothing to do here. The move was very difficult as I had lived in AK all my life and developed an amazing network of friends, had a booming business and a home i loved. I went through a terrible depression and a very sedentary lifestyle. Needless to say I began to gain weight. More depression. More weight. More depression, more weight. 40 pounds later I looked for a solution and found Dr. Almanza who proposed a 'resleeve" I did not know because I did not research that any reputable doctor would NEVER do a resleeve... I does not work because the side of the stomach does not expand evenly. 

With no research and desperation I made appt with ALMANZA. My first impression when I met him was he is terrible narcissistic. He paid NO personal attention to the patients... quick promises and all talk about HIM, his 6 pack abs, his good looks, etc. It was too late for me. I was THERE. I awoke to the most horrible scars... and I have experienced absolutely NO feeling of reduced appetite. I believe in my heart that he opened me up, ran into scar tissue from a previou lipo job and said to heck with this and sewed me back up. A veterinarian would have done a better job at putting me back together. My scars are hideous and I have had NO weight loss. All he did was appear to the 'group once to extol his own virtues and we never saw him again. Now his staff blames my meds which are the SAME meds I with Dr. Aceves during the original surgery. SO if my meds would prevent weight loss....WHY oh why would the even take my money, promise my goal and do an ineffective surgery??? I asked for 1500 dollar back and they wont refund anything. I pegged him as a blowhard narcissist the night and the only time we met him... but it was too late. NEVER buy into the "resleeve"... it isnt "a real thing' done by any reputable doctor, but rather just a RIP off. Almanza is a quack and asshole ripoff in my opinion
Almanza is an absolute ****y, self absorbed, swindler, and fraudster. In my opinion and experience. I would advise avoiding him completely. I made a terrible mistake and lost a good of money. I so wish Dr. Aceves were still alive. I just dont know what to do now.