HELP no weight loss

Gvillegas56
on 5/7/15 7:34 am
VSG on 03/31/15

im really upset I don't know what I'm doing wrong my sugery date was March 31 I was on liqued for 2 weeks started soft foods on apirl 14 that was the last time I lost weight I'm exciseing I eat protein first I keep carbs low I'm getting between   80 grams to 100 grams of protein a day my calories I'm working on getting more right know I'm getting about 600 calories a day I don't get what I'm doing wrong I write every thing down on my fitness pal  I'm doing water aerobics for an hour an walking a mile I don't get it

wyo_sarah
on 5/7/15 8:18 am

Are you taking measurements?  I know some people have said that they were losing inches although they weren't losing pounds.

Jiliana2
on 5/7/15 8:25 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

It sounds like the proverbial three-week stall ha**** you. A little late probably, but it sounds like this is what you might be experiencing. Do a search on these forums for "three week stall" and you will see TONS of messages about this issue.

I had a three-week stall too... and the darn thing lasted for three weeks! I was ready to tear out my hair. I was following the plan. Getting in my water and protein. And starting to exercise (lightly per surgeon's orders). And the scale never moved a pound for three full weeks! ARGH! However...

I took my measurements. And I took comparison photos.

I saw HUGE differences when I looked at those things. I realized I had lost 12" off my body, and I could already see changes in my shape even though the scale hadn't budged. Those things kept me going and gave me motivation. I tracked my progress through photos (taken every month against the same background) and by taking my measurements every month as well. As your body adapts, you will see changes here too.

I recommend doing these things to give you some reassurance down the road that you ARE on the right track and you are doing great. So hang in there and realize this is just a small bump in the road on the journey that will last a lifetime!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

GooseGirl
on 5/7/15 8:26 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

You've hit the "3 week stall". If you search the site you will see lots of posts on the topic. Keep following your plan, try to relax and the scale will eventually be your friend again. It is very common. 

hollykim
on 5/7/15 9:26 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 7, 2015 at 2:34 PM Pacific Time, Gvillegas56 wrote:

im really upset I don't know what I'm doing wrong my sugery date was March 31 I was on liqued for 2 weeks started soft foods on apirl 14 that was the last time I lost weight I'm exciseing I eat protein first I keep carbs low I'm getting between   80 grams to 100 grams of protein a day my calories I'm working on getting more right know I'm getting about 600 calories a day I don't get what I'm doing wrong I write every thing down on my fitness pal  I'm doing water aerobics for an hour an walking a mile I don't get it

what is your menu like for a day?

Gvillegas56
on 5/7/15 2:38 am, edited 5/7/15 2:38 am
VSG on 03/31/15

breakfast I have a protein shake 160 calories  30 grams protein 

Lunch all have turkey meat or meat balls the meatballs I can get 1 1/2 some times 2 or I like pork loin some kind of vegetables 

Between lunch and dinner I have a another protein shake 

Dinner just depends some time all have a slider patties I can eat about 3/4 of it or tilapia I can eat about 3oz of that with a little bit of tomato chopped and Lemon I don't get much vegetables because I get to full from the meat some time I get a cheese stick I'm not eating any grains I get any were from 5 to 17 grams of carbs a day 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/7/15 9:51 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Try not to obsess over the scale so much. I know easier said than done, but really it's just 1 indicator of weight loss, there are things called NSV's non scale victories that I'm sure you're starting to get by now. You could be losing inches, take measurements.

Keep in mind exercise is good for you but it won't speed up weight loss, your body will lose at its own pace. Stay with your drs plan for you & the weight will eventually come off. This is a long process, patience grasshopersan(Bruce Lee, Kung Fu movie) :). Good Luck on your weight loss journey.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/7/15 11:48 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Are you getting in enough fluids during the day, at least 64 ounces?  

Sounds to me like you're in the three week stall.  You'll probably lose inches when the scale doesn't move.  Don't panic.  Stick to your plan and it will catch up.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

ElizaM
on 5/7/15 12:27 pm
VSG on 07/24/14

It sounds like you're doing everything right! Just be patient, the weight will come off.

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

Most Active