vertigo

loosec1974
on 5/31/15 1:32 pm - Chicago, IL

Is vertigo common after surgery? I  just had surgery Thursday May 28 but I just want to make sure I'm ok before I  panic. I'm scared to eat has anyone had this problem. I have had soup broth and jello but it seems like I get nauseous right after is this normal 

samanthalc
on 5/31/15 7:17 am, edited 5/31/15 7:18 am
with

Edit:  As I look at this, I'm not sure if your question is about nausea or dizziness.  I'm assuming the second:

I'm 11 days out, and I experienced the same from the reduced calories and recovery from various meds.  All of that said, I experienced vertigo symptoms more when I was less hydrated.  Maybe try drinking more liquid?

loosec1974
on 5/31/15 3:41 pm - Chicago, IL

I've just tried a little more water and I feel better 

samanthalc
on 5/31/15 5:53 pm
with

I'm glad!  Wishing you a speedy recovery :)

Tracy D.
on 6/1/15 6:20 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm 2-years post-op and I still get vertigo off and on.  Lots of reasons for it.  Low blood pressure (if you take meds those may need to be adjusted or stopped).  It could be a hydration issue as you noted.  

I was also told that when we're obese the veins in our legs get stretched out and the blood can pool in the legs while we sit or lay down.  It can take some work for all that blood to get back up to the head and heart.  If you tighten up and release your leg muscles a few times before you get up, or pump them up and down like you're riding a bike before you stand up, it really does help.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Luvmygs
on 6/1/15 8:14 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Welcome new sleever! Have to be honest, the first couple weeks are tough. Make sure you're sipping water throughout the day, eating broth, jello, sugar free popsicles and your chewable vitamins. It does get better day-by-day. You're not getting enough nutrients, you'll be a little lightheaded. I could only take about 1/4 cup of broth the first few days, but it got better. I also bought my favorite Progresso Chicken noodle soup and strained out all the chicken and vegetables and drank just the broth. Flavor made a big difference for me. Good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery.

ShadowWolf3
on 6/1/15 1:49 pm - OH
VSG on 03/19/15

I have the same problem with dizziness.  Matter a fact last Sunday I was walking over a tall log got dizzy and fell.  Ended up fracturing my wrist.When I went to er about it 3 days later nurse was worried because bp was fine but my heart rate is really low.  My heart rate is usually 45-56.

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.- Benjamin Mays

HW:450, Consult W:371, SW:353

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views