Loosing too much weight too darn fast!

kellygurl38
on 6/4/15 10:51 am

I was sleeved  on 1/5/2015 and I made the decision to have the VSG because I thought I would lose weight at my own pace; boy was I wrong.  This tool has taken over my mind and body, I weighed 350lbs the day of my surgery and today I am 230lbs. Everyday I look in the mirror and wonder to myself "who is the person looking back at me". I am getting concerned because I was told by the doctor that the weight loss last for about one year. This means I will be smaller then I anticipated, not sure how I feel about that but I am starting to wonder if I made the right choice. I love being able to run around the yard with my niece and nephew, buying clothes a size 16, and most of all sharing clothes with my twin daughters who are (20). Please understand that I love the new me, I think the weight loss happened so fast that my mind and body are trying to play catch up. I did speak with the doctor and he informed me that every once in a while you get a patient who gains the maximum result from the VSG and he believes I will be one of them. My question to you guys, Is there anyone out there that has lost more weight then expected when you had the VSG. 

Thanks,

Kelly

KELLYGURL

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/4/15 12:02 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Are you seeing a therapist or in a support group?  It sounds like it might be beneficial for you to help your mind catch up with your body.  You're doing a wonderful job of losing weight.  Keep up the good work 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Cuparian
on 6/4/15 12:41 pm
VSG on 05/13/15

Great job, ............... I hope to match your loss rate but know all are different ............ again well done!!!!

HW 380 SW 352.5

kellygurl38
on 6/4/15 5:48 am

Thanks! Good luck to you on your weight loss journey! 

KELLYGURL

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/15 12:50 pm

Your weight loss will slow down. It isn't that uncommon for people with a large amount of weight to lose to lose a big chunk within the first 6 months (which you have). It may take another 6 months, if not a little longer, for you to lose the last 50 to get to your posted goal weight.

You may benefit from finding a support group or therapist to help you deal with the major changes you are going through, not just physically, but emotionally, too.

Laura in Texas
on 6/4/15 3:58 pm

I have been part of this community for close to 8 years now. Very few of us end up too small, especially us heavyweights by the 3rd year. Your rate will slow down. Losing weight is the easy part. Keeping it off is the hard part. Enjoy the ride and learn good habits that will last you a lifetime. If you need to talk to someone, find a good therapist. The mental part is the hardest.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Grim_Traveller
on 6/4/15 9:05 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

The news is not good. If you continue to lose at your current rate, on March 10, 2016, you will weigh only 5 pounds. Hey, the math never lies.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

TiaHa49
on 6/5/15 1:43 am - Cleveland, OH

Hi there,

My starting weight was 350 day if surgery.  By my 6 mos mark I was down a lil over 130 lbs lost. By my 1 year I weighed 173, couple mos later 153 etc. It will slow down. 

Our brains catching up is a whole different ball game. Almost 2 yrs n 2 mos. ..I still don't understand fitting in a sz 6 or who's staring at me in the mirror.  Time helps and therapy is a great idea as well.

Take it slow n easy. Nothing and I mean nothing prepared me for the changes physically or emotionally.

Hang on...it's a trip. 

Tia

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views