FEELING ANXIOUS TONIGHT!

NikkiL2015
on 6/21/15 8:59 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

I have a HIDA Scan scheduled for tomorrow to determine gallbladder functioning.  Tomorrow is a huge day for me.  I start my 2 week liquid diet as well as have this HIDA Scan along with an EKG and Pre-Op blood work.  On the starting day of liquid diet I have to by NPO at 6am until after the scan.... I'm scared of all these procedures and hope that the day goes by quickly.  From what I understand tomorrow is actually going to take longer than the actual surgery day which is set for July 6th!  I could use any words of encouragement any one has to offer!!!  Also, has any one had the HIDA Scan, is this a painful experience?

Nikki L.

tstoked12
on 6/21/15 9:08 pm

Good luck Nikki!  I promise those falling numbers on the scale will be worth all the sacrifice.  

NikkiL2015
on 6/21/15 9:16 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Thank you! I hope so!

28paws
on 6/21/15 9:31 pm

I'm not familiar with the Hida scan, but I'm no stranger to anxiety. I don't know if you are a religious person, but my faith is what carries me through.  When I am scared and anxious I talk to God... And then I come to this site if I need more answers- lol!  Hang in there- I'm very new to all this. ( surgery was 6/17/15) but I am finding that sometimes I just need to take everything minute by minute if the day is too overwhelming.  Good luck and God bless you!

NikkiL2015
on 6/22/15 12:17 am - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Thank you for your kind words, I am God fearing woman and talk to Him on a regular basis.  I appreciate your words of advice and wish you all the luck in your journey as well!  

Nikki L.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/21/15 10:36 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I had a HIDA scan years ago before having my gallbladder out. The procedure itself was painless! They gave me a shot of some stuff that would make my insides light up on the machine, then hopped up on a table. I laid there for about an hour while a camera moved back and forth and took pictures over the course of an hour, sort of like a CT machine. A bit weird at first, but mostly boring afterwards.

Good luck! 

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

NikkiL2015
on 6/22/15 12:21 am - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Thank you for letting me know what to expect! I have been so scared this "nuclear medicine" they were going to inject me with was going to be something awful!  I go NPO at 6am and Testing starts at 10:30am, then afterwards I will have some blood drawn for pre-op labs and an EKG for pre-op testing.... I've been through those before but this scan is new to me.... last week I had an ultrasound on my gallbladder.  I'm just ready for this all to be over with, the surgery to be over with and the road to recovery to start.... I'm not sure how much more my anxiety can handle all this to tell you the truth lol.

Nikki L.

josiedlc
on 6/21/15 10:53 pm
VSG on 06/23/14

I will be a year out on 6/23. I almost cancelled because I was a mess right before surgery. I can honestly say this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. As of today I am 95.5 lbs down and feeling great. All the testing is so worth it. Hang in there you will do great!

NikkiL2015
on 6/22/15 12:14 am - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

Thank you so much for your kind words and support!

Nikki L.

Mary Gee
on 6/22/15 2:21 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Nikki, everyone feels anxious in the final days leadiung up to surgery.  What got me through was the acceptance of the fact that my surgeon and his team did everything they could to ensure I had a safe and successful surgery.  All the testing was a nuisance, but well worth it.  I felt very confident going into surgery.  July 6th - WOW - it's just around the corner and you'll be over and done with all this pre-op "stuff"!

Congratulations and best wishes.

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 102 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 325 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 369 views