Best Self Pay Price This Side Of Mexico!!

Skynyrd
on 7/13/15 10:24 am
VSG on 07/09/15

Ok. I know there are more people than just me who their insurance put through.. Well.. Hell. I had a physician's office that wanted only the easy cases and left me feeling less than priority. After my initial doctor's office's attitude and the rejections from my insurance, I decided to take things into my own hands. I knew then how much this surgery would benefit me and knew that nothing would stop me from having it. I began researching different self-pay agencies. Most were located in Mexico and the prices seemed to be "perfect".. Until I started adding in having to get a passport, plane tickets, and then finding a physician to do follow up appointments with. I know the follow ups aren't exactly a requirement, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Any way, after looking up all of this information, I was easily going to have to pay about 13,000 for my surgeon of choice in Mexico. After speaking with my husband, we decided to see if the states had any physicians with self pay prices. I found one and could've never been able to ask for more!

Dr. Wayne Westmoreland (Murfreesboro, TN) was nothing but a God send to me. I began asking about the procedure, cost, and locations, and just knew by the interaction with his staff, that this was going to be the doctor for me. The office staff made things accessible for me even though I was about an hour and forty-five minutes away from his office. From conference calls to emails, they made me priority! I didn't call and leave a message every time. No, I called and they answered. If they weren't at their desk, they called be back before the end of day! The other physician's office, I was lucky to get a call back by the end of the week! I was about two and a half weeks out from surgery before meeting Dr. Westmoreland himself. Not only was he nice and kind, but very tentative. Given my history with doctor offices, I had a LIST of questions. He allowed me to ask every single one, provided me with answers and even brought up things I hadn't thought of. Now, not only was he answering my questions, but he exuded confidence. My initial surgeon was a percentages man and would say that, "anyone would expect to lose 65-85% of their excess weight in two years" and he had little to no understanding of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome... I did not get this with Dr. Westmoreland. I was flat out told I would lose about 25lbs the first month, stay on target by losing at least 10lbs a month there after, and by my 12 month post op appointment I would be 100lbs lighter. There was no questioning what he told me. He was very matter of fact and followed it up with knowing about Polycycystic Ovarian Syndrome and how it may affect my losing ability. 

Now, lets fast forward through my 2 wk pre-op diet to the day of surgery... I had to be at Heritage Medical Center in Shelbyville by 6:15A.M. The facility is new, nice, and clean. Once I obtained the paperwork I had filled out during pre-admission, I was sent to same day surgery where I was greeted and quickly gowned. At about 15 minutes till 7, the anesthesiologist came in. What a genuinely nice man!!! I cannot remember his name, but he was super nice and understanding! (I had talked to him a few days prior about concerns with anesthesia and he came up with a game plan to keep me from being comatose after) He went over how I wouldn't be given as many narcotics for pain relief to prevent staying in a fog. He gave me something to coat my stomach as well as a Xanax(truly needed at this point). Around 7, Dr Westmoreland came in, met my family, talked about our game plan, and then prayed over me, the surgery, himself, and asked for a quick healing and recovery!! Yes, this man prayed in front of and with my family!! Talk about peace and calming coming over you in a time of need! I hadn't felt more relaxed!

I remained in recovery for a bit and then was taken to my room. I began walking rather quickly and was not feeling pain. Granted, I did have some discomfort, but my gallbladder surgery was worse than this!! The next day, Dr. Westmoreland came in just prior to releasing me and, guess what!!! He prayed over me again!! Not only for continued recovery, but giving thanks for how well the surgery went and how amazing I was doing!

This man is a class act! I will never be able to say enough nice things about Dr. Westmoreland and his staff. They all are truly wonderful people! Now, for the part that you're curious about. For $12,000 you get your nutritionist appointment, consultation appointment, anesthesiologist, surgery & hospital stay, and monthly follow ups for the first year! You get a physician in the states, board certified, and truly astounding!

elliebean78
on 7/13/15 9:37 am, edited 7/13/15 11:16 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 02/19/15

Ok. I know there are more people than just me who their insurance put through.. Well.. Hell. I had a physician's office that wanted only the easy cases and left me feeling less than priority. After my initial doctor's office's attitude and the rejections from my insurance, I decided to take things into my own hands. I knew then how much this surgery would benefit me and knew that nothing would stop me from having it. I began researching different self-pay agencies. Most were located in Mexico and the prices seemed to be "perfect".. Until I started adding in having to get a passport, plane tickets, and then finding a physician to do follow up appointments with. I know the follow ups aren't exactly a requirement, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Any way, after looking up all of this information, I was easily going to have to pay about 13,000 for my surgeon of choice in Mexico. After speaking with my husband, we decided to see if the states had any physicians with self pay prices. I found one and could've never been able to ask for more!

Dr. Wayne Westmoreland (Murfreesboro, TN) was nothing but a God send to me. I began asking about the procedure, cost, and locations, and just knew by the interaction with his staff, that this was going to be the doctor for me. The office staff made things accessible for me even though I was about an hour and forty-five minutes away from his office. From conference calls to emails, they made me priority! I didn't call and leave a message every time. No, I called and they answered. If they weren't at their desk, they called be back before the end of day! The other physician's office, I was lucky to get a call back by the end of the week! I was about two and a half weeks out from surgery before meeting Dr. Westmoreland himself. Not only was he nice and kind, but very tentative. Given my history with doctor offices, I had a LIST of questions. He allowed me to ask every single one, provided me with answers and even brought up things I hadn't thought of. Now, not only was he answering my questions, but he exuded confidence. My initial surgeon was a percentages man and would say that, "anyone would expect to lose 65-85% of their excess weight in two years" and he had little to no understanding of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome... I did not get this with Dr. Westmoreland. I was flat out told I would lose about 25lbs the first month, stay on target by losing at least 10lbs a month there after, and by my 12 month post op appointment I would be 100lbs lighter. There was no questioning what he told me. He was very matter of fact and followed it up with knowing about Polycycystic Ovarian Syndrome and how it may affect my losing ability. 

Now, lets fast forward through my 2 wk pre-op diet to the day of surgery... I had to be at Heritage Medical Center in Shelbyville by 6:15A.M. The facility is new, nice, and clean. Once I obtained the paperwork I had filled out during pre-admission, I was sent to same day surgery where I was greeted and quickly gowned. At about 15 minutes till 7, the anesthesiologist came in. What a genuinely nice man!!! I cannot remember his name, but he was super nice and understanding! (I had talked to him a few days prior about concerns with anesthesia and he came up with a game plan to keep me from being comatose after) He went over how I wouldn't be given as many narcotics for pain relief to prevent staying in a fog. He gave me something to coat my stomach as well as a Xanax(truly needed at this point). Around 7, Dr Westmoreland came in, met my family, talked about our game plan, and then prayed over me, the surgery, himself, and asked for a quick healing and recovery!! Yes, this man prayed in front of and with my family!! Talk about peace and calming coming over you in a time of need! I hadn't felt more relaxed!

I remained in recovery for a bit and then was taken to my room. I began walking rather quickly and was not feeling pain. Granted, I did have some discomfort, but my gallbladder surgery was worse than this!! The next day, Dr. Westmoreland came in just prior to releasing me and, guess what!!! He prayed over me again!! Not only for continued recovery, but giving thanks for how well the surgery went and how amazing I was doing!

This man is a class act! I will never be able to say enough nice things about Dr. Westmoreland and his staff. They all are truly wonderful people! Now, for the part that you're curious about. For $12,000 you get your nutritionist appointment, consultation appointment, anesthesiologist, surgery & hospital stay, and monthly follow ups for the first year! You get a physician in the states, board certified, and truly astounding!

*After being reported for advertising, I changed the title. I'm sorry if having the amount I paid to change my life posted 2 times was advertising. I truly was not trying to do that, but to open the door for others who were in my situation of needing/wanting the surgery, but not sure of the cost and not sure if Mexico was right for them. If this offended anyone, I truly apologize! We are all on similar journeys, but no two journeys are the same. The choices I made may night be right for you, just as the choices you make may not be right for me.*

Skynyrd
on 7/13/15 11:25 am
VSG on 07/09/15

Thank You!

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/15 10:42 am

Sounds like it was meant to be! Congrats!

Skynyrd
on 7/13/15 11:18 am
VSG on 07/09/15

Thank you! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 145 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 417 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 438 views