Finally found a house and we're off to the State Games of America

Linda B.
on 7/26/15 10:20 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

After a whole lot of searching, and one house we had to back out of due to inspection issues, it looks like we found something. The kitchen is amazing, and I am looking forward to being able to cook like I normally do again. Eating properly has been a bit of a challenge while we are staying with our son.

Mike B (DH) has discovered that there are multi-use trails all over the place here. He has found a couple of places to run already. These trails are also used by biker riders, walkers, and dogs.

It looks like I also found a rink. Now I need to find a coach. There are a couple of coaches there that my former coach knows and recommends, so I'll check to see about a meeting as soon as we are a bit more settled.

But, we are taking a little break and we are headed to the State Games of America. I will compete in two events, and Mike will run a 5K. It is a short run for him, but this will be his first race since he broke his foot. Since it a new sport for the games, he didn't have to qualify either. Me, I had to take a medal at the California State Games last year to qualify. It is an honor to be able to participate.

Now I know this is not directly related to our sleeves, but yet it is. You see, the further out you get, the more you can enjoy being active and going after dreams that may not have been possible with a lot of extra weight. You will settle into a normal pattern of physical activity and eating properly.

One more thought, since most of our work clothes are in storage, and we are headed back to classrooms in a week, we had to go shopping. Because of our commitment to a healthy, active lifestyle, we both fit in the same size we have worn for a while now. the fitting room is now a fun place. 

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/15 9:04 am

Hey Linda,

I'm so glad things are working out for you and Mike. Great that you both found teaching positions and that your exercise interests have not had to been put on hold for too long at all. Congratulations on the state Games! That's a fantastic achievement. I'm happy for you both.

So where did you end up finding your new home? Lakewood, WheatRidge, Aurora, Denver proper???

Great hearing from you. Best to Mike!

Linda B.
on 7/28/15 8:44 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

We found a townhouse in south Aurora. Mike will be teaching special ed at a middle school in Aurora. I am starting with my online job until I find something local, or I get caught. I am supposed to be in CA. After we close on the home, I may go sub to get my foot in the door. It is harder for a Social Studies teacher to land something.

I'll try to remember to post pics after I skate and after Mike runs.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

ipray
on 7/27/15 12:28 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you for giving those off us who haven't reached maintenance yet dreams and goals to look forward to!

Linda B.
on 7/28/15 8:46 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Just keep at it. Maintenance is actually a little harder than losing. It takes some monitoring and adjusting. But, you can do it. 

Tracy D.
on 7/28/15 10:46 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Congrats on finding a house that's going to fit all your needs :-)  And good luck in the State Games - I'll be thinking of you every day when I drive by the Ralston Arena 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Linda B.
on 7/28/15 8:36 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Thanks Tracy,

We arrived safely tonight. I compete tomorrow evening and Thursday late afternoon. We head for Lincoln on Friday for ceremonies and Mike will run the 5K on Saturday. Then we head back to CO. We both have to go back to work Monday.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views