how does heartburn feel?

hillgurl
on 7/31/15 3:54 am
VSG on 04/29/15

so funny thing despite the fact that pre wls I could ate pretty much any and everything I have never to my knowledge had heartburn or anything that I feel would've been heartburn. For some reason tonight after I have nausea, a burning sensation in my stomach, a funny taste in my mouth, and this really tight full sensation on my stomach. My last meal was about 9pm and all this started after I took some pain meds for my back. Todays menu was tuna for breakfast and lunch and a smart ones frozen meal which I didn't even finish. I've taken something for the nausea but that hasn't helped. Is this just good ole heartburn or should I be worried?

FuturePinUp
on 7/31/15 7:32 am

It definitely sounds like acid reflux to me. Heartburn would typically give you a tight, burning feeling in the chest. Have you taken anything like pepcid or zantac? Those help me a lot.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

mickeymantle
on 7/31/15 9:46 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you need a ppi to prevent the acid reflux

also the smart ones are not a smart  choice , red the label

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Tracy D.
on 7/31/15 10:29 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Sounds like it to me.  I never thought I had heartburn or reflux pre-op either...but I learned you can have "silent" reflux.  After surgery it came on like gangbusters.  Tums, Zantac - none of that touched it.  I had to go on a prescription PPI.  

Talk to your doctor and get it treated ASAP.  This is nothing to mess around with or ignore.  Prolonged acid issues can leave to serious stomach ulcers and even cancer of the stomach and esophagus.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views