Having a bad day, cant see the new me moment.

Oliviawashere
on 7/31/15 9:01 am

I am having one of those days. I can't see how far I've come, and wished it was more. I hit my 6 month post op mark on July 28th. I am down 94lbs. I was aiming for 100lbs lost atleast. When I look at myself in the mirror or even in pictures I can't see 94lbs gone, I see me that 280lb girl. I don't know what I was thinking I wanted or wanted to see. I wish I could see the new me, and at the same time I wish I had better progress. I wish I was closer to goal. I don't feel like i've come along way, even when people tell me I have.

roxytrim
on 7/31/15 9:15 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

If you've kept any of your before clothes slip them on...this will give you a reality jolt.

If you get hung up on numbers you will sabatoge yourself for long term success.  Remember you will be living this lifestyle 10-20-40 years from now.  Wrap your mind around all the good changes you've made and keeo on truckin'.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/31/15 9:21 am
RNY on 08/21/12

You've lost one third of your body weight in 6 months! Snap out of it!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

luvmypuggies
on 7/31/15 9:21 am

I think you're doing amazingly well!!  94 lbs in 6 months????!!! Wow!!  Chin up, my friend - you're eyes and  mind may not be seeing things accurately today, but you're doing a tremendous job with your sleeve.  I can understand your feelings - I think most of us have felt that way now and then - but just have strong solid faith that you will get there. It's a long slog, and it's not all rainbows and butterflies along the way, but it's sooooo worth the effort.  Hang in there!!! :) 

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/15 9:51 am

Take a deep breath, hold it in and let it out. Then say out loud, "I've lost 94 pounds! I am amazing!" whether you feel it or not. You need to realize what you've done - which is lost 1/3 of your body weight. Ummmm..... big deal, that!!!!!

I will say that having weight loss goals on a timeline is a sure way to set yourself up for disappointment. I'd recommend behavior goals instead. Those are measurable and in your control. You have no real control over how quickly your body lets go of weight. You can eat perfectly and stall out. Sometimes you can eat poorly and suddenly drop. But if your goal is to eat clean 95% of the time, you are in charge of that and can measure your success.

So, you have come along way. You have a way more to go. You probably feel much thinner mentally than you look on the outside - at least to yourself. I get that. Even at my thinnest I had body issues because my inner eye didn't match the real outside me. I would recommend working on learning to love your body and yourself as you are. You are striving to be your best - no someone else's. I will never be a tall, lean, chisled dude like a GQ model, but I can be a hunky shorter guy with a great build.

Acknowledge your accomplishments and be proud of yourself for what you've done. Now, pull up your big girl pants and go take on the day!

Tracy D.
on 7/31/15 10:26 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

...and you ARE a hunky guy with a FANTASTIC build 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/31/15 12:04 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Picture a package of butter.

Now picture 94 of those stacked up.

You've lost that much! That's nothing to sneeze at!!

It does take time for most of us to adjust to the new picture in the mirror. And that's OK! Give yourself time, and don't be afraid to get some outside help if you need it.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

E_Saenz
on 7/31/15 1:54 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

94 lbs in 6 Months Amazing don't fret if you lost 94 you will make it to your 100 mark dont worry 6 lbs is nothing for you to lose you lost 94 didnt you?  Your doing great dont beat yourself up!

Elia Maria Saenz

Sandra F.
on 8/3/15 6:29 am

I'm at almost 10 months out (tomorrow) and about the same weight lost, 96 lbs, so you are doing absolutely great.  It is sometimes hard to wrap my brain around the new me, so I get it.  But it will get easier as you go along.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views