I blew it.....http://images.obesityhelp.com/_shared/images/smiley/msn/frown.gif

lbmoore0
on 8/4/15 12:15 pm

One week on my pre-op diet without a single cheat - then I fell apart.  I've had 3 regular meals in the past 4 days.  Not nearly as much as I would have eaten before but enough to put back on 3 pounds that I'd lost.  I am 12 days away from surgery and have 11 pounds to lose.  I am so angry with myself and so sad at the same time.  If I miss my surgery date due to my own lack of self control I will give up on this whole endeavor.  I just can't believe I was so foolish!!  I truly did not realize how truly addicted to food I am.   

Mary Gee
on 8/4/15 12:42 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

IMHO, it would be foolish to give up this endeavor at this point. Perhaps a delay is in order until you can get your brain wrapped around the changes you need to make in order to succeed......but it would be a shame to give up completely.  Consider it a lesson learned.  Successful WLS does take hard work and commitment.  I'm having a difficult time and struggling now....but I will not give up.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

lbmoore0
on 8/4/15 1:27 pm

Thank you, Mary. I know this will be a lifelong change and I think I'm just getting down to the wire and beginning to question myself in a lot of ways regarding this process.  I appreciate your comment and wish you all the best in your journey!!

E_Saenz
on 8/4/15 1:38 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I'm on my pre op diet too but ive been very strict on myself the only thing i did have was i went for pho chinese soup but other than that I have been good I have my 1week pre op appointment to go over my next phase of the diet and get ready for surgery next Wednesday I've waited too long not to stay on track.  Good luck with the rest of your pre op diet.

Elia Maria Saenz

lbmoore0
on 8/4/15 1:48 pm

Thanks very much and good luck to you, too!!  Sounds like you've got it and I'm sure your surgery and the pending journey will be an awesome success!

E_Saenz
on 8/4/15 2:07 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I'm craving stuff too if you do go off just make sure it's Protine imton day 8 of my pre op diet and i started a day early on purpose I didn't want to binge or have a last hurah.  I'm serious.  I was 254 when I started and am 242 now in 8 days it's not bad I was shooting for 222 before surgery but I don't think I'm going to make it.

Elia Maria Saenz

E_Saenz
on 8/4/15 2:10 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

My heaviest 279 1dr visit 265 pre op diet 254 8days into diet 242.  Just to let you know

Elia Maria Saenz

lbmoore0
on 8/5/15 5:24 am

Thank you!  The stuff I ate wasn't "unhealthy" by most standards.  I had a salad with turkey breast and fat free dressing one day and about 1/2 cup of refried beans with some fat free cheese one day.  Not "bad" but certainly not allowed on the pre-op! I think I just wanted something to CHEW!  LOL  Your loss is awesome in only 8 days!!  I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped on my scales this morning; I'm actually half way to my required loss so I guess the extra exercise I did to compensate did help.  I am back on track and totally focused now.  That was truly a good dose of reality for me.  Good luck on your way to surgery and beyond!!  I know you're going to be successful!!

E_Saenz
on 8/5/15 5:39 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I'm so glad your back on track I have beeb wanting to eat other stuff too it's hard but it'll be worthwhile in the long run!

Elia Maria Saenz

Gwen M.
on 8/4/15 6:47 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you seeing a therapist?  It might be wise to find one if you don't have one already!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 64 views