Pureed foods

marci079
on 8/14/15 5:19 pm

Today I started on puree foods. I am still only eating about 300 calories a day, I am 2 weeks post op. I know it is ridiculous but the closer I get to eating "full food" the more nervous I get. I miss eating.. I am just paranoid that when I can eat full foods I will over do it. I had 2 oz of hummus this afternoon for lunch and felt so stuffed, like I had eaten too much.  Is that normal? 

Dan1962
on 8/14/15 5:37 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

One thing I had to learn to do is measure my food and stop eating once I finished that portion.  Sounds like you are measuring which is a good thing.  It will take some experimenting but you should stop eating before you are full as the full feeling will come a few minutes later.  Also some food 2 oz is perfect as for others too much.  

marci079
on 8/14/15 5:57 pm

Thank you! I will have to start with smaller portions...maybe an ounce at a time!

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 8/15/15 3:19 pm
VSG on 03/16/15

Nice job on measuring your food. I used a little spoon or only little bits on the tip of the spoon and kinda chewed it then put the spoon down before I would put more in. My brain could not figure out how that little bit made me so full. Ease into it. Keep measuring everything. 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

marci079
on 8/15/15 4:18 pm

Thank you! I thought I could eat a half cup of mashed cauliflower today....I was WAAAAY off! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views