29 months post op

supercatwoman2003
on 8/21/15 9:18 am

I haven't been on here in over a year. I am almost 2.5 yrs post op, i have been trying to see how i can do on my own with eating food not supplementing with protein shakes and vitamins.

For the most part i have done well, I've been stabilized at 172 (150 goal) lbs for over that last year. I recently had labs done and am re establishing with a primary dr who has some experience with bariatric surgery, and my labs aren't doing as well as i had hoped. protein is down from 7.4 (protein shakes) to 5.1 which is low for anyone. 

doing research to have insurance pay for rtd protein and vitamins. have all my paper work ready. 

i have been slacking in my progress, felt like ok i made it this far im happy im ok if i stay this weight etc. now i have grown to hate my body again, so im hopping back into being a wls pt, mentally and physically. walking 10 miles a day, doing yoga, weight training. and cleaning up my nutrition again.

i have not felt like i have slipped that far into my old bad habits. no chocolate, no coffee, no pork. but i have let some carbs back in and that is such a blackhole! back to basics once i get the approvale from insurance and my dr.

that is all for now.

MissNexxie
on 8/21/15 12:22 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

Kudos to you for working in getting back on a plan that works for you. Getting the help of your doctor is a great step. Good luck.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Gwen M.
on 8/21/15 3:39 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

There really is no reason not to start getting back to basics right now.  There's no need to wait for your insurance or your doctor.  And there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to get all of your protein from whole foods, without protein shakes, with a protein forward diet.  

I'd suggest that you start tracking everything you put into your mouth using something like MyFitnessPal.  That will show you what you're consuming and what you need to tweak.  From there, work on getting back to your basics.  Here are mine, yours might be slightly different:  

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs, especially the refined and processed ones
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
5. Avoid liquid calories (breakfast protein shake is the exception)
6. Weigh portions, log everything consumed
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh myself daily
10. Be kind to myself

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

supercatwoman2003
on 8/24/15 8:17 am

thank you for your opinion. i wasnt asking or looking for advice, it was more of me holding my self accountable for what i'm doing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views