Help with protein shakes!

Hkinzfnp
on 8/29/15 2:58 pm

I am now 5 days post-op and getting sick of the Pure Protein frosty chocolate shakes 3x daily.  I wish I had tried more pre-op to see what I would like.  Can anyone recommend another flavor or a way to jazz up the ones I have??  Thanks so much!!

MAchick
on 8/29/15 3:33 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

You can warm them up, mix it with iced coffee if it's on your program. Add different extracts, like coconut or sugar free syrups. 

happyteacher
on 8/29/15 5:56 pm

You can use your blender and blend them with ice into a sort of chocolate ice cream shake. My favorite protein shake is Chike Mocha. Other options is to blend it with sugar free jello instant pudding + ice to change up the flavor profile and texture.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

katladee
on 8/29/15 7:08 pm

I mix Unjury Chocolate Splendor with 1 cup of Fairlife fat free milk, about 4-5 ice cubes in the blender.  It comes out like a Wendy's chocolate frosty!  It is VERY tasty.  Sometimes I add Jif powdered peanut butter to make it like a liquid peanut butter cup!  Their strawberry flavor I did not care for.  The vanilla I like if it is mixed with sugar free jello powder in raspberry or strawberry.

White Dove
on 8/30/15 5:14 am - Warren, OH

You can try the chicken soup flavored protein from Unjury

Quest Nutrition has come up with a bag of chips that is equivalent to a protein shake.  They are not real potato chips, of course, but have some flavor and a great change from sweet.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Eggface
on 8/30/15 7:52 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Hkinzfnp
on 8/30/15 9:00 am

Eggface!!  I feel like a famous person just commented on MY thread!  Thanks for the ideas all.  ;)

Eggface
on 8/30/15 1:53 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

LOL ;) Is my Mum paying you?! 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views