Almost 5 months post op and losing weight very slowly

Kara D.
on 9/12/15 6:55 am
VSG on 03/02/15

I've never had any food tolerance issues either, my recovery has been so easy. I just found out a few days ago that my personal protein goal is 68 to 93, so I have recently started to increase my protein to upper 70's to low 80's. I'm anxious to see if that helps my weight loss. I agree a loss is still a loss so I am pleased. Thanks for the encouragement and advice.

HW 303, pre op diet 284  CW 278

diane S.
on 8/31/15 10:45 am

i was  a slow loser but got to goal.  but i did about 600 calories a day.  also, dr said up protein to 80 g and that did speed things. also make sure your carbs are 40 or less. gl.  you will get there.     diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Tracy D.
on 8/31/15 11:10 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Hi Kara - losing 5-6 lbs. a month at this point is great!  That's probably more than I was losing that far out (admittedly though I was getting closer to goal then too).  

I would recommend upping your protein to 80 grams per day and getting at least 100 oz. of water a day, especially because you are working out consistently.  Personally, I kept my calories between 800-850 until I lost all the weight.  You can do it at 1000 calories per day...it's just going to take longer.

It's definitely NOT a race to see who loses it the fastest.  Weight loss mode isn't even the hardest part of your journey or the most important.  That will come in maintenance  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 194 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 279 views