Consultation, and Rainbows and Cajuns, Oh my!

MaraFaith
on 9/15/15 6:43 pm - denham springs, LA

Hi Sleevers!

Today I had my initial consultation with Dr. Borland in New Iberia, LA! My mother decided to come along on the hour and a half drive, as she will be staying with me after surgery for a few days. It was a wonderful visit. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Borland, who is an older man with a very down-to-earth personality. After a lot of research, I decided to go with him. He has a $9800 cash price (everything included other than labs/EKG which my insurance will cover). I didn' think we would ever get there. Google Maps decided to bring us through cajun country which was an hours worth of driving on backroads between rows of sugar cane fields, swamps and ancient acadian style homes with live oaks in their yards (i'm not complaining :D ). 

I was terribly worried about the visit, so I'm glad its over. The next hurtle is to take out a loan, and complete labs, then i'll be on my way to the losers bench! Oh yeah. We saw this on the way home.

HW:362 SW:345 CW:287 GW:170 Surgery Date: 11-11-2015 with Dr. Bellenger

Ihearttennis
on 9/15/15 7:48 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

That rainbow must be a sign of good things to come!  Good luck!

Jen

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Sasha2014
on 9/16/15 8:00 am
VSG on 09/21/15

Good for you !!!!

You sound/seem very determined!!

keep me posted as I will you!!
My surgery is on the 21st of September!

suzyq584
on 9/16/15 8:18 am

Congratulations!  I'm a self pay patient too but my surgery is almost double the price of yours!  Lucky you!!  

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

MaraFaith
on 9/16/15 6:57 pm - denham springs, LA

You guys are the bomb. I just submitted my loan application today. Ilovetennis, I love your pics of you guys at Mardi Gras. Is that Spanish Town?

SusieQ and Sasha. Thanks! I've been following both of your posts! Hopefully I'll be sleeved in October and we will all be a few weeks apart.

HW:362 SW:345 CW:287 GW:170 Surgery Date: 11-11-2015 with Dr. Bellenger

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views