Got sleeved on Monday!

Lizzybee85
on 9/17/15 6:56 am

Hi everyone! 

Super excited to finally be sleeved! So just wondering how long did it take for your guys to start seeing some weight loss? I gained three pounds at the hospital - which I expected from swelling and all the fluids they pump in you. 

kranky813
on 9/17/15 7:40 am
VSG on 08/20/15

I would say by week 2 you should start seeing it come off. Congratulations and welcome to the losers bench! 

Surgery Date: 8/20/2015 - CW 233 - GW 140

Lizzybee85
on 9/17/15 8:17 am

Thanks! 😁

Sparkly609
on 9/17/15 8:46 am

Hi Lizzy,

I also got sleeved on Monday and have seen weight gain which I assume is from swelling and liquids etc...

congratulations to you! It's an exciting start to a new journey! 

Lizzybee85
on 9/17/15 8:58 am

Thanks! You too! 😀

mindthump
on 9/17/15 9:36 am
VSG on 09/14/15

I got sleeved on Monday as well !! Congratulations to all of us for this big step. I'm blown away with the lack of hunger! My wife had the surgery over a year ago and so we are now each other's coach.

I gained about 2 pounds in the hospital but I've dropped back down already. The pain meds have been knocking me out a lot of the time but I have started cutting back.

Here we go !!!

Sunshine411
on 9/17/15 9:59 am

I had surgery Tuesday...no pain at all until discharged and they took drain tube out now I can barely get out of bed and in..it pulls really bad ..wondering how long this takes to heal?

mindthump
on 9/17/15 12:57 pm
VSG on 09/14/15

I didn't have any problem when they pulled the drain, but for me, getting in and out of bed is still the most painful thing (except maybe some of the coughing). Be super careful, get help in and out. We had a cane around, and I use that for leverage since my bed doesn't go up and down like in the hospital.

Sparkly609
on 9/17/15 3:06 pm

I have the same pain. It hurts to get in and out of bed and it's difficult to get comfortable. Would love to know how long this lasts. I never had a drain tube in the hospital just band aids over my incisions. Today I'm starting to not feel very well, tired and some nausea. 1 full week of clear liquids and 2 weeks of liquids but can include protein shakes.... Can't wait until I can actually put some food in my mouth. I am worried I am not getting enough substance in my body right now. I can only take a couple of bites of jello otherwise I am sipping on water or sugar free ice pops. 

Lizzybee85
on 9/17/15 11:58 am

Yay! I know, it's weird to not be hungry. I too started to cut back the pain meds today since the pain is starting to subside a bit. Good luck on your journey!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 334 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 384 views